Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ATR180 wrote: »
    Michelle Smith springs 2 mind.....lol...only joking:D:D:D:D......this guy was this years ago just not on our tellys.....hes growing up......MATURING i think it is........:eek:

Jaysus, if MVG is taking steroids then I hope he kept the receipt. :D

Degag wrote: »
    You know what, i wont. I'll just report you for trolling.
    because you can't make a point? Simpleton

The worst kind if forum user, little bitch who rats to mummy when they feel they can't reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

because you can't make a point? Simpleton

The worst kind if forum user, little bitch who rats to mummy when they feel they can't reply.
    I made my point and now it's being met with abuse. I'll leave this to the mod tomorrow. Won't be replying anymore.

Scum behaving like scum, shocker. If you nucked the arena tonight that would be a good few dole scroungers put down!
    No, I'm middle class. I like darts but I wish such scum didnt play and follow it.

I think the worst kind of forum user is the bad WUM, but it's all about opinions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Being middle class and being a scumbag aren't exactly mutually exclusive either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sky Sports as deferential as ever. Expected some background music as Taylor announced that he would give the trophy to Sid's wife. No hard questions about the scenes at the end.

They really give Taylor the kid glove treatment on Sky. You won't hear a peep of even mild criticism of him by the pundits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

psychological coup anyone? Did Phil try turn the crowd on himself to add all the crowd pressure onto MVG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Healio wrote: »
    psychological coup anyone? Did Phil try turn the crowd on himself to add all the crowd pressure onto MVG?
    Maybe, I'm pretty sure what happened at the end was designed to put the fear of God in VG. All to be revealed tomorrow night!

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Maybe, I'm pretty sure what happened at the end was designed to put the fear of God in VG. All to be revealed tomorrow night!

He would have been far better off trying to scare by way of burying Barney 5-1 than by his behaviour at the end. If anything I would imagine MVG will take much comfort from the entire incident, pressure getting to Taylor, weak excuses about illnesses, apparently reacting to the crowd and a draft etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Was the dartboard signed and given out to the crowd last night?

Also I think Phil has managed to learn to hide his true personality over the years - does anybody remember a couple of years back he had a huge rant/row with Chris Mason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Scum behaving like scum, shocker. If you nucked the arena tonight that would be a good few dole scroungers put down!
    Care to reply without a symbol? Fans and players for the most part are scum, period! I say that as a fan.
    And? They are scum aswell. Probably even worse! Civilised people can't have a laugh? The darts fans you see at these event are the lowest common denominator of human on the planet.
    No, I'm middle class. I like darts but I wish such scum didnt play and follow it.

Will you ever wise up FFS.

One of my best mates is a darts player - plays to a high enough standard.

A hard working, family man and would give you the shirt from his back.

Scum? No.

Generalise much?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys

I will leave it to the local mod to deal with the abusive posts made, but in the meantime Christine Huge Volleyball do not post in this thread again. To everyone else, please report any posts you consider offensive rather than responding in-thread.

Whatever your opinions of the individuals involved, there were 2 fantastic matches last night - enjoy the final, but please don't resort to feeding the troll

Thannks

Beasty (Sports CMod)

Absolute vile behaviour if true what went on back stage and why phil was close to tears after one particular break - and why Sylvie was standing up at the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

deelite wrote: »
    Absolute vile behaviour if true what went on back stage and why phil was close to tears after one particular break - and why Sylvie was standing up at the door.
    Can you elaborate?

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate?

Yes but I can't post links I'm very blonde like that - but a Dutch reporter has allegedly said that the girlfriend of Taylor spat on Barney's children - as I said can't post links but it's there in black and White the interview is in Dutch translated to English

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

deelite wrote: »

Stories are that Taylor's gf spat at Barney's adult children...:(

Just an update I got the information on the betfair community the reporter was arjan vd gleessen

Stories are that Taylor's gf spat at Barney's adult children...:(

Vile isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

so it appears from reading the dutch reporters tweets (Arjan vd Giessen) something was going on backstage between the two camps and thats why barney came back almost tearful and also why sylvia was standing near the end against the wall.

really is bad form if there is spitting involved

Apparently not spitting involved as per vd Giessen twitter "Now understand that there is NOT spit by friend Phil"

If true it makes Taylor's weasel words about being Barney's number one fan all the more vomit enducing...:(

I really hope Mighty Mike serves Taylor's a*se on a plate to him...

• Advertisement

And while I'm at it. 'Poor Phil' was looking for excuses already, whining on about his little head cold. While Mighty Mike has a fractured bone in one foot and an achilles strain on the other...

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Taylor does not come across as a very nice person at all. He has this smug sneering manner during interviews. If his other half spat at Barney's family last night, that's just shocking. And let's not forget that this is a guy with a conviction for sexual assault.

taylor on sky sports news after 11 this morning

taylor on sky sports news after 11 this morning
    Fill us in please, if you're watching...:)

have it on but it being sky i doubt there will be any pressing of the issue, will be more or less a repeat of his chat with clarke last night i reckon

sky should sign up bill o herlihy and dunphy to ask the tough questions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The spitting allegations have been withdrawn I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭leoch

yea taylor is a,,,hole alright i think dave clarke should a pushed it a bit further in the interview alright thats why rod harrington was there to stick up for taylor and help him answer his questions,taylor always mentions how he loves his oppenents lewis done the same to painter but i would say the biggest majority of them cant look at each other its all sh1t for the camera and make the sport look good sure u never hear or see them drinking back stage and all us knowing that most of them are pissed on stage and sky always try to cover it up like the hankygate saying he had a stroke ffs, i didnt hear that about barney being back with his wife i didnt know they were split up but taylor certainly shouldnt have brought that up he is probaly just jealous his wont take him back,its a pity barney didnt call taylor back last night to get him to sign the board the way he always has to do it ,sky and everyone just tip toes around taylor at the end of the day he and barry hearn propably own the whole thing and they all know it so shut up or ship out.... any way rant over .......mvg all the way hope the crowd boo taylor the whole way through the game

taylor saying hes ashamed of his behaviour

barney hurt him when shaking hands and when he pulled him back it "hurt" him

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Taylor on SSN:

"I reacted disgracefully and I'm truly sorry. I'm ashamed because I really like Raymond. I've texted him to apologise."

"Raymond's a big strong guy and he hurt me when he shook my hand/pulled me back."

Advertisement