Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

taylor apologises and says if the pdc throw the book at him for his behaviour he'll accept it.....

just a smokescreen imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Is he the first man ever to get a cold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

PR Offensive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

"It might be pneumonia...I get it every year."

Shouldn't have slept with George Michael then, should you Philip?

• Advertisement

Who will honestly be suckered in by it?

Roadend wrote: »

a cold.... he thinks he has pneumonia :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Half expected him to do that interview wrapped in a blanket with 2 hands clasped around a mug of Lemsip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Roadend wrote: »

Don't you know how serious man-flu is? I'm currently tucked up in bed at death's door with it.
    Show sme compassion please! :pac:

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Don't you know how serious man-flu is? I'm currently tucked up in bed at death's door with it.
    Show sme compassion please! :pac:

Wimp, brave Sir Phil is up and doing TV nterviews and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I think we could all see last nite that Barney was doing a hand squeeze on Taylor's throwing hand last nite, I just hope Barney comes out & gives his version of events & let the PDC deal with it if they see fit.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Taylor is offensive full stop...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Taylor on SSN:

"I reacted disgracefully and I'm truly sorry. I'm ashamed because I really like Raymond. I've texted him to apologise."

"Raymond's a big strong guy and he hurt me when he shook my hand/pulled me back."

Pulled him back to hug him

sky after cutting the misunderstanding from the replay this morning...... trying to protect the power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Taylor talking about retiring.
    Time to lump on mvg.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭h_orse

barney hurt him when shaking hands and when he pulled him back it "hurt" him

I watched the darts last night, 2/3 rd way through the match just after an interval barny was throwing and seemed to get very emotional....... can anyone explain..?
    At the end it seemed like sour grapes from Taylor because Barny took a few sets of him. Taylor set out his table early on to take every leg which he is very entitled to do but in truth the behaviour at the end was not professional, i watched it, barny made the effort and taylor spat his dummy out of the cot and like many previous posts, sky covered it up, they didnt question his conduct, took the excuse of a head cold for his actions. Not impressed by that at all, i thought Taylor was a great professional, a brillant dart player but everything else falls way short of the mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭celt262

h_orse wrote: »
    I watched the darts last night, 2/3 rd way through the match just after an interval barny was throwing and seemed to get very emotional....... can anyone explain..?

It's Barny he isnt right in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TPFKAS

Hey guys,
    I have been reading this thread an registered just to respond to this thread.
    Please allow me to share my opinion.
    In the first part of the game Taylor was heading towards a real big win over Barney. After missing the match darts in the 7th set he got under big pressure and after lossing three sets in a row in his head he was loosing the game. The crowd started to back Barney (which is logical because who prefers to see a simple 7-1 match rather than an exciting 7-6) shcih even made things worse in Taylors head.
    After winning the match this tension released from his head and when Barney took a bit of time to get over his dissapointment before shaking Taylors hand (Phil looked at Barney very briefly when he returned from cheering at the crowd, but Barney was looking at the floor), Taylor's adrenaline simply took him into the wrong direction...

That is not very professional an a wrong thing to do and he should have apologized for it yesterday in the interview. But for many people "sorry seems to be the hardest word", not only for Taylor. Today he apologized. We all know that the excuse about Barney squeezing his hand is nonsense just like Taylor knows it and Barney knows it.

Let's move on. I'll be cheering Van Gerwen on Tuesday (I am Dutch you know) but I hope to see an exciting game with a close finish and with a win for the one with the strongest nerves.

Well sumed up in the end, just one small quick point, taylor won, then he celebrated then it seemed he shook is fist (hand jesture whatever) towards where barny was standing, whats tha about... the hand shake was an after though by taylor,

Come on the vg with the better nerves ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Riprock

Yea reasonable summing up but I think you are being a bit kind to Taylor. Most winners now jump around the stage before shaking hands (probably the wizard being the obvious exception). So let's accept this. The beaten player literally keeps his head low with disappointment, accepts the winner having his celebration and waits for the handshakes, a word in his hear etc. However during the celebration Taylor looked back at VB and literally shook his fist at him; this was nothing to to with VB keeping his head low, eyes down, it was pure venom from Taylor. It's a pity because he is and probably always will be the best darts player. It will be interesting to see the crowds reaction when Taylor walks out tomorrow night. I'm hoping MVG wins anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Barney has spoken to Dutch Darts reporter

Barney - "I was in a sportsmanlike manner and tried to congratulate him on stage and when he pushed me away."

Barney - "I understood nothing of it and wanted to hug him. He said F*** Off and I didnt understand. What inspires the man to push me away."

Barney "I gave him a nudge in his back and then we walked down the stage there are still harsh words back stage"

Barney "We are disassembled and I'm through security away to a car. I do not understand still."

Barney - " I wanted to congratulate him once sporty and then this, incredible. I'm sick of it, I dont understand his reaction at all."

Barney - " I have not talked to him! I just received a text message from Phil. He apologizes for his improper behavior."

Barney - "I do not know if I'm going to respond. The emotions are running high. Of course I hope Michael wins final."

Barney - "Resentment from me to Phil? I hope Michael wins."

But apparently everything is ok because taylor said sorry the following day in a txt... why not publically come out and apoligise for his actions.... and not just shrug his shoulders and say i dont want to talk about it we are great friends ( when obviously not) and thats it left at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

h_orse wrote: »
    But apparently everything is ok because taylor said sorry the following day in a txt... why not publically come out and apoligise for his actions.... and not just shrug his shoulders and say i dont want to talk about it we are great friends ( when obviously not) and thats it left at that.
    He has publicly apologized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

The worst for me is yet to come. Tomorrow night i have a feeling we will be treated to a disgraceful display of trying to stop van gerwen playing more than trying to win the game. I expect constant stopping mid leg from taylor and lots of step backs. When thats part of your natural game thats fine but tomorrow he'll do it all to stop van gerwen getting in a rhythm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

love darts, watching it since the early 80s.

Very disappointed in Taylor's behaviour last night. I hope he does not try to bully mvg in the final like he did in the recent tournament where he shouted at MVg to hurry up and get out of his way.

Also disapponted in Wade's non reaction to the 9 darter, it appeared he did not acknowledge MVGs accomplishment at the time, does not happen in snooker 147s or golf hole in ones. Professional Sports people should show a bit more class than was on display last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Devastator wrote: »

I dont agree. Neither MVG or Wade have a world title between them, Taylor & Barney have 20. Taylor & Barney were involved in the best(matter of opinion I suppose) match or certainly final ever. I'd say if you asked MCG or Wade they would probably say its a warm up to.

I dont like your fella Dave Clarke but ffs people in this thread are not letting the slightest little thing go without making a big drama out of it. Yeah he talks balls...thats his job...same as the commentators. They all do my head in aswell but I'd rather try to concentrate of the actual games & none of the hollyoaks BS that TV make up to go along with it

I agree that the barney taylor match was the biggest on paper because they were involved (my opinion too) in the best match ever and they had 20 world titles between them like you said, but Mvg v Wade was still a semi final match between two top quality players, so I still believe Clarks comments were disrespectful, but hey, thats my opinion I expect people to disagree, thats the point of a forum.

I admit I do like to complain a lot about sky, just in my nature to do so. I do a media course so I always focus into the media side of whatever im watching, can't help it, again its in my nature.

anyways I expect a cracking final tomorrow, I just hope it wont disappoint like previous finals.

now considering its new years eve today Im gonna celebrate :D

happy new year everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dandynamo

Taylor is scum/ Van Gerwen hopefully will win. He didint use his in injuries as an excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I admit I do like to complain a lot about sky, just in my nature to do so. I do a media course so I always focus into the media side of whatever im watching, can't help it, again its in my nature.

Sky are grand for the media side of things, to be fair. To do media, you have to realise what the public want and then serve it to them. And the vast majority will put that down to handbags between the players, like two players squaring up in a GAA match. You don't demand to know exactly what was said and the background behind it when that happens, do you?

It's only the likes of ourselves, who are REALLY into the sport, that want to know. And, realistically, we don't have any right to. We feel that, because they're on TV and they might occasionally talk about their personal lives, that we have a right to know everything. But we don't know these people from Adam, ultimately.

Similarly, the fact that Rod Harrington was 'licking Taylor's arse' is a misnomer. He was actually doing solid work in that he realised that Taylor was closing up under questioning (literally; he reacted to one of Dave's questions with stone silence) and that, by having a former pro throw him some platitudes, he could get him to open up.

And it worked: Taylor stayed and chatted for ten more minutes instead of getting up and walking off when emotions were high. Even look at how Taylor reacted, "I'll tell Rod (what the aggro was about) but I won't tell you (to Dave Clarke)." It was like Rod was coddling a baby along there and it worked perfectly. Taylor wasn't going to blab, but people still wanted to hear from him, so Rod recognised all of this and made sure it happened.

I still would've loved to see Bristow there to lay into him, though. And Taylor would've sat there and took it because of the respect he has for Eric too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

TPFKAS wrote: »
    Please allow me to share my opinion.

because who prefers to see a simple 7-1 match rather than an exciting 7-6)

Semi Final is first to 6..... it was never heading for 7-1 or 7-6

Advertisement