Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

leggo wrote: »
    For anyone who's interested, I've started a new sports betting tips website and I included a preview of the Taylor/MVG final in the latest column (it's at the bottom after the football tips). You guys might enjoy it! :)

That's a nice little accumulator. I'm predicting a 7-4 to Taylor too but hoping I'm wrong. I'm very tempted to stick a fiver on it, but I don't want to be in a situation where I'm actually supporting Taylor to win if all the football results come in. I'd hate myself for it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

let me tell you folks. There will be a change of the guard tomorrow at the ally pally & not before their time. The Next generation take control of the darting spectrum. MVG 7-4 all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Cheers for the feedback lads. :)
    That's a nice little accumulator. I'm predicting a 7-4 to Taylor too but hoping I'm wrong. I'm very tempted to stick a fiver on it, but I don't want to be in a situation where I'm actually supporting Taylor to win if all the football results come in. I'd hate myself for it :p

See I don't mind bets like that, it's win-win: either MVG wins a classic or I win money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Treble20 wrote: »
    He talks about been disillusioned with things,how could a multi-millionaire be in such a depressed state?
    I agree with most of the rest of the post but i'd imagine that money has nothing to do with alot of people who are depressed.

syngindub wrote: »
    Days are numbered for the pair of them and they know it.

Darts was on a different planet in the first game. taylor Barney was never going to reach that level and everyine knew it.
    Hope this guy blows Taylor out of the water tonight bringing darts into the next generation. Respect to whats gone in the past, but it's time for a few new faces !! Suppose it's a matter if he can deal with the pressure and mind games.

Can't feckin wait !

In fairness, I think Taylor and Barney have reached that level in the past, have even exceeded it in a more important clash - the averages for the 2009 final were Taylor 110.94 Barney 101.18. It may have lacked the speed and fist pumping of Van Gerwen, and of course that remarkable sequence of darts. But while it's great to see a new generation, wouldn't write off the old when Van Gerwen has had a few remarkable months, as opposed to decades.

To be honest, if it wasn't for that incident in the semi final, would have been rooting for Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Football Gambler

let me tell you folks. There will be a change of the guard tomorrow at the ally pally & not before their time. The Next generation take control of the darting spectrum. MVG 7-4 all the way.

Completely agree, only thing that could save Taylor tonight is MVG big match nerves, if he realises what he could be about to achieve.

It's MVG's to lose in my opinion, and even if he does blow it tonight, it's only delaying the inevitable for a while longer, as I can't see the old guard living with MVG and maybe even Lewis (when he get's his act together again) moving forward.

Considering Lewis came into the world's with no form, and not up to speed, he didn't do too bad against MVG. If he can get himself back up to that level on a regular basis, it could get quite tasty between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

i think taylor is past it and seems to struggle big time at the end of matches and that mvg will beat him off the stage tonight.... If mvg can hit a few early doubles it could be a cake walk for him. 7-2 is my bet. taylor is nothing only a smug knacker with a heap of wold dart titles but is still a low life w anker..and crowned himself the king of the knacks after his display after barney match.

taylor is nothing only a smug knacker with a heap of wold dart titles but is still a low life w anker..and crowned himself the king of the knacks after his display after barney match.

On the other hand, he is the greatest ever, he will probably always be the greatest ever, and the averages we are now lauding Van Gerwen for he has done in bigger matches and again and again over the years.

And while he behaved badly, it was still only verbals. Sheesh in football or other sports a few words only becomes a big deal when there is a few punches thrown or perhaps some racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Be interesting if Taylor wins the darts, will he give them to MVG to throw 1st or will he want to set the tempo & try get 1st set on the board.

This will be 1st part of any mind games in the match. Unless MVG wins the darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

i think taylor is past it and seems to struggle big time at the end of matches and that mvg will beat him off the stage tonight.... If mvg can hit a few early doubles it could be a cake walk for him. 7-2 is my bet. taylor is nothing only a smug knacker with a heap of wold dart titles but is still a low life w anker..and crowned himself the king of the knacks after his display after barney match.
    Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think of Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Days are numbered for the pair of them and they know it.

Darts was on a different planet in the first game. taylor Barney was never going to reach that level and everyine knew it.
    Hope this guy blows Taylor out of the water tonight bringing darts into the next generation. Respect to whats gone in the past, but it's time for a few new faces !! Suppose it's a matter if he can deal with the pressure and mind games.

Can't feckin wait !

Are you and a lot of the other posters on this page crazy?

Taylor had a higher average and checkout than MVG in the semis.
    Barney has had two ton plus averages in the tournament.

They are still the top two in the world at their best.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Are you and a lot of the other posters on this page crazy?

Taylor had a higher average and checkout than MVG in the semis.
    Barney has had two ton plus averages in the tournament.

They are still the top two in the world at their best.

MVG Average was brought down significantly by missed Doubles. If he has even a slight improvment in this area he'll blow Taylor out of the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That's not true.

He had a 38% checkout percentage which is pretty solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I can't believe people are writing off Phil Taylor, PHIL TAYLOR!!!
    15 times world champion, he has done it all. M.V.G what a great player also.

Who is gonna win?.. Two great players, it's a hard one to call. If you push me I'd have to say Phil but i could be wrong.

One thing i know for sure, we are gonna see a great final.

Have to agree that MvG simply blowing Taylor away is very unlikely. Taylor is favourite for the match imo. If they both played their A game it would be the greatest game ever and a very close contest. The thing is Taylor's B game beats Van Gerwen's B game I think. If MvG isn't hitting his doubles then I'd fancy Taylor's B game to win it.

MVG Average was brought down significantly by missed Doubles.

True, but it's part and parcel of the game, dealing with the pressure on one dart. Hence Anderson isn't in the top 4 players despite his ability to score heavily, or a golfer who can't hole the short putts will find it hard to be a true great. Plus it's not as if he's bad at finishing, he's better than most...just not Taylor maybe.

mdwexford wrote: »
    That's not true.

He had a 38% checkout percentage which is pretty solid.
    Finishing stats have Taylor ahead on 41% only 3% higher than MVG. Stats can be skewed a lot though with the importance of some legs and how quickly a player gets to a possible finish and how much pressure is on him.

Taylor is a far superior finisher but MVG will get to a finishing position quicker. Thats how it looks to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bulldog0906

MVG can improve his doubles he should take Taylor out early but if not and he lets Taylor settle he will struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi, just wondering will the final be televised? I'm a casual follower and player, and I recall usual coverage on BBC One, but I don't see it in the listings for this evening.

Thanks in Advance guys.

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering will the final be televised? I'm a casual follower and player, and I recall usual coverage on BBC One, but I don't see it in the listings for this evening.

Thanks in Advance guys.

It's on Sky Sports at 8pm. Sky have the rights to the PDC tournaments. BBC show the BDO tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

think MVG will win this tonight, he seems like a determined young man. think it will be 7-4 MVG

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

To be honest, if it wasn't for that incident in the semi final, would have been rooting for Taylor.

Same here.

MVG doesn't do it for me if I'm honest. But I want him to win it for Barney now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

C'mon MVG,backed him at 16's ew in early October,of course i didn't put enough on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Backed Van Gerwen. Hopefully he gets off to a flyer so i can cash out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Michael van ger-win to do it. .. . . . .see what i did there?

Michael van ger-win to do it. .. . . . .see what i did there?

Yep. You forgot the capital "G"...

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What time does play start?

Coverage starts at 8 so i guess play starts 8.30-8.45 ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

fullstop wrote: »
    What time does play start?

Bout 8.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

usually in the power camp but will be delighted if van the man takes it tonight. horrible what taylor did:mad:

Advertisement