Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Well done to the qualifier John Bowles,a brilliant victory and a 2nd round game against Gary Anderson to look forward to now as well as £10,000 prize money guaranteed for reaching the 2nd round,a great night over all for Bowles!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really enjoyed that game. Great stuff from Bowles, delighted he won it.

I'm happy Webster is back throwing good darts and Wade cruised through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

lads haven't caught up on any of the darts yet, has there been any big name exits so far in round one?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Bowles has a super throwing action with head and shoulders rock steady. Good to see new faces winning

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jayob10 wrote: »
    lads haven't caught up on any of the darts yet, has there been any big name exits so far in round one?

cheers

Off the top of my head the only seeds to go out so far are Wayne Jones, Andy Smith, Denis Ovens and Jamie Caven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭hawkwing

It's all here and a quick way to see the draw below,"The Heat" still there and facing Lewis--both off form..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

shockframe wrote: »
    never thought id be saying this but its one of the best matches of the tournament so far.

defo, the one game i saw last night and it was a really good game, it deserved to go to a 5 setter , bowles looks a really good player, caven played quite well but just came up against a guy playing really solid stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hope barney hasn't peaked too soon, was awesome in the first round, will be interesting to see how taylor, wade and MVG start , its a very open tournament this year , stamina will possibly be a problem for phil taylor this year

hawkwing wrote: »
    It's all here and a quick way to see the draw below,"The Heat" still there and facing Lewis--both off form..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

You're right, for some reason I had in my head that Ovens lost but he beat Max Hopp. Looking forward to King v Winstanley tonight.

Should be a good game and was the game along with Baxter v Priestley that stood out for me when I saw the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Handy enough win for Steve Beaton there. I've always liked Beaton, hopefully he will do something this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

that was a great win for Ilagan...delighted for him,that was his final.

I saw Ilagan play in the BDO ans he is a good player so not surprised he won. He gas to switch a lot more often than he does though!

Good win for Beaton but he needs to brush up on his doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Stand up if ya love the darts... oh STFU...

How did Deano lose that set. Putting himself under pressure

Just tuned into the darts now. Glad to see Beaton win. Ilagan is a handy player and if my memory serves me right he reached the Winmau World Masters semi finals a few years ago? Handy win for Newton,King v Winstanley could go the distance,just seen it's 1-1 now.

• Advertisement

Good recovery there by Winstanley in the 4th set to level the match. I thought his bottle was gone when King went up 2-1 but fair play to him for coming back.

Great stuff from Deano!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some match this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Incredible match. Fair play to Winstanley. Missed plenty of doubles but didn't let it get to him.

• Advertisement

Ah what a great game that was, brilliant stuff, so many twists and turns. There seems to be great respect between the two players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Delighted for Deano :)
    Great game in the end, wasn't a great standard early doors.

Game of the tournament. Pity one of them had to lose really

That was a classic. The two of them throwing brilliant darts under huge pressure. I thought Deano had bottled on more than occasion but he came back and probably just about deserved it.

I'm delighted he won but credit to King for helping create a great game.

That's why I love darts at Christmas!

What a brilliant game! Fair play to Winstanley,I thought he had lost it a number of times but credit due to him he kept battling away and prevailed in the end. Hard luck to Mervyn King,he could have got a lot easier draw than Winstanley in the 1st round!

Great interview with Deano there

Deano really is a top bloke. Very popular

It's hard work watching Colin Osborne.

Even harder watching pipe :(. My god he knows how to quieten the crowd. They are all asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Jenkins looks like he doesn't want to be there at all

• Advertisement

Jenkins' is muck

Hope Harrington wins, he reminds me of a bloke down the local with the same action who usually beats most of us :(

most lads down the local would beat him looking at 1st leg

Jarjohn wrote: »
    most lads down the local would beat him looking at 1st leg

He would beat Harrington going on that and he is in his 80's!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

great seeing Priestley back, remember watching him when I was young. my mum actually met him and I got a set of his flights about 10 years ago. still have them i think.. haha

Baxter on good form early stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good stuff so far, great play by Baxter to win a high standard 1st set.

Come on Dennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Priestly rolling back the years tonite, prob won't win, but flashes of the old genius.

Disappointed Dennis lost, could be the last time we see him on the tv. He had his chances but didn't take them.

• Advertisement

What's with the Dennis Priestly love in on Sky? I find him really boring to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Jenkins' is muck
    What's with the Dennis Priestly love in on Sky? I find him really boring to watch.

your positive :rolleyes: lol

Dennis is a legend, fair play to him.

Bit more of a random one but I once played online poker tournament against him, it was like ladbrokes sponsored thing. He was chatting away in the wee chat box. True gent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Devastator wrote: »

your positive :rolleyes: lol

Dennis is a legend, fair play to him.

Bit more of a random one but I once played online poker tournament against him, it was like ladbrokes sponsored thing. He was chatting away in the wee chat box. True gent
    He used to come to Tralee a lot in the 90's, a very nice bloke who after his exhibition would sit down & have a pint with the lads who played him.

Young playing well here, he has a lovely throw. This could go the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Come on Lloyd. 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

2-2

• Advertisement

Jaysis Lloyd had dig very deep for that win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

KevIRL wrote: »
    Jaysis Lloyd had dig very deep for that win.

He has a good dig on him in fairness.

Solid start there from Walsh. Last games of the 1st round today,ya?

Yeah tonight is the last of the first rounds. Second round starts tomorrow afternoon. Very annoying because I will be in work!

It's nice to see Darren Webster back on the tv, I remember him from 5 or 6 years ago. He used to be decent enough. Struggling so far tonight though.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah tonight is the last of the first rounds. Second round starts tomorrow afternoon. Very annoying because I will be in work!

It's nice to see Darren Webster back on the tv, I remember him from 5 or 6 years ago. He used to be decent enough. Struggling so far tonight though.

In the afternoon tomorrow? Pi$$ balls

Will have to get out of work early so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement