Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Boom. Nice end with a 120 finish to a cracking day. Pretty tired meself after all that, especially the Thornton sweat

Are the cameras rolling, are we on air, can I just give my darts to this poor homeless orphan please, can you sign the dartboard and I'll present it to another poor soul...

Pretty detestable interview there from Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Mediocre performance from Taylor against an opponent who who didn't have any confidence that he could beat Taylor. Thornton will be a completely different opponent for Taylor and unless there's a major improvement by Taylor he'll be exiting at the last 16 stage to Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

KevIRL wrote: »
    Pretty detestable interview there from Taylor.

Lot of excuses in that interview, really doesnt sound like a guy in the mindset that he can go far this year. Oh and he corrected the interviewer to let him know he is a millionaire....very modest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

maroondog wrote: »
    Lot of excuses in that interview, really doesnt sound like a guy in the mindset that he can go far this year. Oh and he corrected the interviewer to let him know he is a millionaire....very modest!!
    Did he? I thought the interviewer called Taylor a millionaire and Taylor said "so are you" or something along those lines.

Did he? I thought the interviewer called Taylor a millionaire and Taylor said "so are you" or something along those lines.

Nah, interviewer spun the 'if we knew the answer to that we'd be millionaire's' Taylor then replied with 'I am a millionaire'. Tbh I thought that was funny

Some of the other stuff was cringe inducing though, specifically the talking about how other players are performing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The Asset...can be more like the Asshole sometimes. Fine player but think he should drop the attitude and the swagger and the tie and sunglasses routine now and let the darts do the talking, it's not as if he doesn't have the talent.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Classic example of Sky over hype imo. He hasnt been in any sort of good form for ages now yet every year they talk of him as having a chance of premier league spot before the Worlds. The act and all the BS gets him more attention than his abilty would so he may as well keep it up I reckon
    Presume he reckons its worth a few euros on the exhibition circuit. I guess he thinks the demise of Mason and Manley leaves a space for a "bad boy" figure.

With respect to Nicholson - and i'm not a huge fan either - from what i've seen from him, he consistantly hits mid 90 averages which when it comes down to it, is pretty good.

I have no problem with his image either. I'd imagine he's pretty well sought after on the exhibition circuit. It's all about money. If he's making more money for playing the bad guy, i can't blame him.

Degag wrote: »
    With respect to Nicholson - and i'm not a huge fan either - from what i've seen from him, he consistantly hits mid 90 averages which when it comes down to it, is pretty good.

I have no problem with his image either. I'd imagine he's pretty well sought after on the exhibition circuit. It's all about money. If he's making more money for playing the bad guy, i can't blame him.

I agree he has plenty of talent, and I agree he probably does it for the money.

On the other hand, he toned it down last night. He seemed a lot calmer, more focused on the game than the crowd, and was notably gracious afterwards. Yes, he lost but he can go out with his head held high, unlike the sulk after the world cup or his famous waving off of Taylor only to lose 3-0 in the Grand Prix or his many run ins with the crowd or sitting on the stage or blaming his opponent's girlfriend. I think he should drop some of the routine, particularly the disrespectful stuff, it sounds smartarsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

I agree he has plenty of talent, and I agree he probably does it for the money.

On the other hand, he toned it down last night. He seemed a lot calmer, more focused on the game than the crowd, and was notably gracious afterwards. Yes, he lost but he can go out with his head held high, unlike the sulk after the world cup or his famous waving off of Taylor only to lose 3-0 in the Grand Prix or his many run ins with the crowd or sitting on the stage or blaming his opponent's girlfriend. I think he should drop some of the routine, particularly the disrespectful stuff, it sounds smartarsed.

I think he's trying to get rid of the "bad boy of darts" tag, off the stage and away from the cameras he comes across as a really decent bloke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good quality game this so far between Painter and Baxter.. Baxter banging in the 180's. If he could sort out his finishing he will win this. 1-1 in sets.

151 checkout by Painter.

Noice.

Great set by Painter, on the second leg he threw treble 18, treble 18, treble 20 and there wasn't even a ripple of applause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

3 cracking checkouts from Painter to take the set. Painters finishing(theres a pun in there somewhere) this last year-18 months has been right up there. Always a great shout for a high checkout bet(like I done this afternoon lol)

2 sets by Painter that were just wonderful, fast, big averages, high checkouts, really flowing nicely.

• Advertisement

Another great game. The scoring is ridiculous!

Really enjoyable stuff again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Another absolute classic

Great game!

Pity there had to be a loser

Great comeback from Painter. Feel a bit for Baxter, if he could finish he'd be some player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

thought painter threw it away, credit to him for pulling it back, great game of arrows

Great comeback from Painter. Feel a bit for Baxter, if he could finish he'd be some player.

WHAT??:eek:

Baxter is normally a top class finisher, have you never watched him before or something? :confused: Weird statement to make.

I remember seeing Ronnie few years back(I think it could have been against Whitlock) in the premier league and he hit 6 or 7 doubles with his first dart. Won the game aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Jaws not firing like he can but good 117 to claim 1st set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Great set by Painter, on the second leg he threw treble 18, treble 18, treble 20 and there wasn't even a ripple of applause.

It's called sobriety. Being an arse generally involves lots of alcohol.

Webster being taken apart here. So poor on the doubles yet again

AndyP wrote: »
    It's called sobriety. Being an arse generally involves lots of alcohol.

I've met loads of sober(& tea total) arseholes in my time

But anyway...back to the darts. Lloyd 3-0 up :eek: I've not been paying much attention to this game but thought after their respective 1st round games that Webster would win this 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Jaws looking like he'll go thru here, John McHale will be pleased :)

Lloyd could really regret that D20 miss yet

Good solid darts from Lloyd there. Webster yet again fails on the big stage.

Is it just me or does John McDonald say "Raymond" Dolan for the introductions? Sounds like that!

C'mon Brendan,,,would love to see him put Barney out!

• Advertisement

Good win for Jaws. Delighted for him. An absolute gent. Too easy for Barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

What was final score john?

4-2.

Dolan not in this at all. Poor finishing. Barney should win 4-0

Can someone keep me updated for the next ten mins? Gettin a lift to friends house

No bother. 2-1 barney and 2-1 Dolan in 4th set

2-2 in 4th set now. Crucial leg

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Barnie just broke Dolans throw to win the 4th set.

3-1 Barnie
    A bit premature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Juwwi

A bit premature?

I taught Barnie had won the set did,nt realise it went 2-2 in legs

• Advertisement

Barney 3-1. 180 and D19 last 4 darts

2-1 Barney 5th set. All over id say

That will leave it 4-1 so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭briany

That match really really dragged for large portions of it's duration. It was so bad that listening to the commentators try to make it seem interesting in a decidedly half hearted, disinterested fashion actually made it entertaining again.

4-1 Barney. All over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

anderson to demoralise barney............and beat him well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Osborne & Ovens later tonight it’s going to be a long, long night.

buster180 wrote: »
    Osborne & Ovens later tonight it’s going to be a long, long night.
    I get a crick in my neck looking at Osborne play :D

Osborne won me over. Was never a fan, met him in Killarney, and while Beaton, Deano, Wright, Thornton, Dolan were all great, posing for pics, chatting away, for ages with Beaton, Osborne was a star. Insisted that not only would he pose, but posed in the most ridiculous ways, so it looked like we were lifting him up, or he was hugging us. Always thought he looked a bit mechanical and precise, he was funny and zany.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

Hey! Anyone know where I can get the best free live streaming for the Darts?! Thanks!

Hey! Anyone know where I can get the best free live streaming for the Darts?! Thanks!

search google for myp2p

• Advertisement
Advertisement