Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-vision Tablets

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Anyone get the Xtra-vision gift guide in the Sunday papers today?
    I was looking at the Go Tab tablets and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and whether or not they are a bargain!

This 7” tickled my fancy at €100

Apparently it’s a GoTab GBT740RS

It all seems a fairly legit, but having never heard of the manufacturer or played with the tablet, I’m reluctant to bite the bullet.

The manufacturer even points out the tablet’s shortcomings!
    (see attached image)

Anyway, thanks for ye're input,
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I was messing around with the one below today in work, seems a decent bit of kit, going to get one myself for Christmas tbh.

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/electronics/laptops-and-tablets/tablets/go-tab-gbt9-black-9-tablet-no-layout-updates.html

Just on the stuff they list that it doesn't have, 3G isn't essential imo, WiFi they mention twice and MircoSD cards are dirt cheap now, I know the 8GB one's in Xtravision are €16.99. Probably get a 32GB online for about €25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

6inch version is €70 on Xtravision's Facebook site. Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I picked up the 10" gotab from amazon for my young lads birthday first week of last month. It's sat unused after the first few days. I done a factory reset two or three times.It hung constantly and took 5-10 goes to download an app with constant errors , then 4 times out of 5 the apps wouldn't load (even pre installed ones like angry birds) . Seems to be a fairly common complaint going by online reviews. Then the power button broke. This is after very light use.

Advertisement