Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to make/have made table like this ...

Options
  • 18-11-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

about_us2.jpg
    I'd like a table like this - roughly 90x150cm. I don't know woodwork, but was thinking of going to a wood supplier and having pieces cut to size and gluing and screwing, then sanding.

I'm told there's a place in Harold's Cross/Terenure called 'Milofsky's' or something who would be able to cut it to size. Though I can't find this place online!

I'm also looking for legs (a slightly bigger diameter than Ikea legs.

Advice and offers appreciated! We'll need it for Christmas! Family coming over from France!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The top looks like formica.
    Quite easy and cheap to make.
    If the legs are metal, many kitchen fitting suppliers have them as standard ex stock. Hafele and Frank Flannigan both have excellent catalogues, any kitchen supplier in your area will be able to get them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Thanks. Does anyone else have any other creative ideas on where to go, what to do?

The surface wouldn't necessarily need to have a formica surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Easy to make but needs good workmanship. The top could be either formica or phenolic coated plywood. You won't get a nice finish straight off a saw - it would need to be tidied up with a router. I'd say chase up a cabinetmaker or think again about Ikea ?

It's just hard to find a table that's the right size, as the room itself is on the small side and the tables tend to be either too big, or too small. And, aesthetically, we're looking for something quite contemporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Have you thought about getting something made by a carpenter... id say someone would take on the project for a small price tag..... if you are really stuck send me a message and I might be able to mock up something for you.

regards,
    Steven.

• Advertisement

Should say, need to keep costs down, too! I did consider that, but I think the idea of something looking something like this and remaining affordable is sort of necessary. As I said, someone said I could go with a list of pieces to be cut to size in somewhere like Malofsky's, put it together and tidy it up. Won't be perfect, but it could do the trick.

What do you mean 'mock up'?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Make something for you and then let you do the finish work... sand and paint it how you want :) well depending on where you are located of course.

Advertisement