Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOE Christmas Classes question?

• 18-11-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hey! This a question for anyone who has already enrolled or did so last year!

So I'm thinking of doing some of the Christmas IOE revision courses but I'm really confused as to how the timetable works. So it says 595 euro for 4 subjects, but then it says you can attend 4 classes per day...so does it mean you pay 595 for all classes to do with that subject? For example, if you pick physics does "Physics A" count as one subject and "Physics B" as another?? And since there are 2 of each of those physics classes does that mean you only attend one of each? And does the 595 cover 4 days of the classes or just one? Its really confusing me! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hey! This a question for anyone who has already enrolled or did so last year!

So I'm thinking of doing some of the Christmas IOE revision courses but I'm really confused as to how the timetable works. So it says 595 euro for 4 subjects, but then it says you can attend 4 classes per day...so does it mean you pay 595 for all classes to do with that subject? For example, if you pick physics does "Physics A" count as one subject and "Physics B" as another?? And since there are 2 of each of those physics classes does that mean you only attend one of each? And does the 595 cover 4 days of the classes or just one? Its really confusing me! :)
    I've done the classes before. 595 is for the week, 4 classes per day. I'm almost certain the two physics classes count as 2 separate ones as different topics are covered in each and are probably on at different times. So if you pick a and b you can do 2 other classes. (I'm almost certain).

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I've done the classes before. 595 is for the week, 4 classes per day. I'm almost certain the two physics classes count as 2 separate ones as different topics are covered in each and are probably on at different times. So if you pick a and b you can do 2 other classes. (I'm almost certain).
    Okay, cool thanks! Did you think they were worth doing? Which subjects did you do? :-)

Okay, cool thanks! Did you think they were worth doing? Which subjects did you do? :-)
    For LC, I did English, French and maths. I thought they were all good
    , especially English! It was really good. For maths we got booklets of questions with solutions but I think I would've benefitted more doing it at Christmas as I had only done 2 of the topics and those are two of my strong topics. But the teaching was very good, easy to understand too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

This may seem like a really stupid question but what did you do for accommodation for the week? See I have no relatives in Dublin and all of my friends in college are off that week so I can't stay with them. Getting the bus up and down everyday would prob be a bit expensive :o

This may seem like a really stupid question but what did you do for accommodation for the week? See I have no relatives in Dublin and all of my friends in college are off that week so I can't stay with them. Getting the bus up and down everyday would prob be a bit expensive :o
    I stayed with family but you could stay in a B&B or ask for a list of accommodation from them. My sister went full time there so I was going to stay in the B&B she stayed in otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I stayed with family but you could stay in a B&B or ask for a list of accommodation from them. My sister went full time there so I was going to stay in the B&B she stayed in otherwise.

Sound! Staying with a family would actually be perfect. Thank you :)

Advertisement