Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovale Elips

Options
  • 18-11-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Just enquiring about the New Ovale elips C.
    Saw it on YouTube when I was watching another product and liked the look of it. Though the accessories on the Ovale website are fairly dear compared to most gadgets. But they are out of stock for their starter kit and contacted them to email me when they are re stocked. Price is €100.

It is only 360 mAh batteries but does have the option of buying a PCC (cheap at €40 :() with it. Going to cost a good few bob to buy one but I haven’t bought anything for weeks since the Provari and after reading about Krissovo’s plight abroad I ain't going to risk taking the Provari on holidays with me and the elips looks a nice gadget to take. The tanks filling and condensation looks like a snag but not a real put off, also wondering how long to the attys last and tanks etc.?

Anybody own one and can give me some info on it would be helpful in deciding to buy one or not.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

kiffy wrote: »
    Just enquiring about the New Ovale elips C.
    Saw it on YouTube when I was watching another product and liked the look of it. Though the accessories on the Ovale website are fairly dear compared to most gadgets. But they are out of stock for their starter kit and contacted them to email me when they are re stocked. Price is €100.

It is only 360 mAh batteries but does have the option of buying a PCC (cheap at €40 :() with it. Going to cost a good few bob to buy one but I haven’t bought anything for weeks since the Provari and after reading about Krissovo’s plight abroad I ain't going to risk taking the Provari on holidays with me and the elips looks a nice gadget to take. The tanks filling and condensation looks like a snag but not a real put off, also wondering how long to the attys last and tanks etc.?

Anybody own one and can give me some info on it would be helpful in deciding to buy one or not.
    Thanks

Think purevapour stock the mini elips - might be worth having as a travel set up.

Have met a few people who have used themand they have said good things. But in each case it was their first kit so they had nothing to compare it to so don't really know how they are rated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

sept09baby wrote: »
    Think purevapour stock the mini elips - might be worth having as a travel set up.

Have met a few people who have used themand they have said good things. But in each case it was their first kit so they had nothing to compare it to so don't really know how they are rated
    Thanks for that ;), will check out the site, really want it as a travel/pub set up, can't see me moving away from from the Provari especially with only a 350 mAh battery.

Had a look and it's not the Ovale/Apollo version and not really the one I'm after, and couldn't see any spares either, thanks anyway sept09baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Nice enough looking units but personally I'd go with a few Mini-ego batteries and a Kanger, Bulli-tank or Mini Vivi over the Ovale any day - more options of cartomizers/clearos/tanks etc to use now, which means more options for juice (I've yet to see a tank wick well with thickish juice) and certainly more room to upgrade to once the technology improves.

I get the feeling the spike style tanks will be a thing of the past in a few months - things is moving fast.

403-1.jpg
    113916d1341337470-anyone-tried-ego-mini-mini-hand-4-.jpg

was.deevey wrote: »
    Nice enough looking units but personally I'd go with a few Mini-ego batteries and a Kanger, Bulli-tank or Mini Vivi over the Ovale any day - more options of cartomizers/clearos/tanks etc to use now, which means more options for juice (I've yet to see a tank wick well with thickish juice) and certainly more room to upgrade to once the technology improves.

I get the feeling the spike style tanks will be a thing of the past in a few months - things is moving fast.

403-1.jpg
    113916d1341337470-anyone-tried-ego-mini-mini-hand-4-.jpg

I got 2 of the mini eGo's already never use them (well one I blew one up the other night charging it for a mate at work to use, using the wrong charger :o), but hooked on the look and design of the Elips, and it will probably take a ten ton truck to stop me buying one when they get them back in stock on the Ovale Ireland website.

I know what your saying about interchangable bits for it is limited to their stuff or nothing, but they look so damn good and sleek ;) just wan't someone to tell me their great and go ahead and buy the kit :) going to make it the wife's Xmas present to me, though she doesn't know it yet or what the cost will be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I tried one of these just a few puffs so wouldn't be able to comment in general how good they are. But I actually liked the taste and amount of vapor off it. They are very comfortable in hand as well. Thought of buying one myself but they price put me off. If they were twice cheaper then I'd defenetly buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I have tried these 4 times now, I nearly bought a set at vapefest as I think they are great but the running cost put me off.

I will get a set soon after my fun and games traveling with a provari and plus they look classy when I am on business.

krissovo wrote: »
    I have tried these 4 times now, I nearly bought a set at vapefest as I think they are great but the running cost put me off.

I will get a set soon after my fun and games traveling with a provari and plus they look classy when I am on business.

What about the price of running cost's? if you can afford to pay €80 everytime you get arrested with your Provari, think how much you will save with the Elips C :D:D:D.

No seriously, I'm even more impressed now having only saw one video of the Elips C, all other vid's were for the previous version, they have made several improvements with the C version, like the atomiser is now comes with just the head (Like the eGo T version? and comes in packs of 5, so that's a big saving on nearly €20 for the single unit that fitted onto the battery, and a few other improvements I can't remember off hand now. So just waiting for the Ovale website to re-stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Sorry is it possible to have a look at the linky about getting arrested with Provari?:)

Starts at post 75, the story still continues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056721312&page=5

they have made several improvements with the C version, like the atomiser is now comes with just the head (Like the eGo T version? and comes in packs of 5, so that's a big saving on nearly €20 for the single unit that fitted onto the battery

This is a huge change and now makes it economically viable.

• Advertisement

This is a huge change and now makes it economically viable.
    Also the tank now fits into a cup so is even better supported, here is the vid I watched on it last night at work (gr8 job huh ;)) and the atty is the same as the ego C not T as I said above.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeC6jjzWtEg
    C'mon Ovale Ireland pull ur bloody finger out Kiffy is waiting for his new toy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Won one of these at Vapefest and gave it to my mam, and she loves it!

granted it's the old one not the one with the ego c attys, but it does perform damn well.

Done and Done ;)
    Elips C ordered with a load of extras (Battery, attys, mouthpiece covers, metal mouthpiece & tanks) to keep me going should be vaping it Thursday or Friday :)
    Will let youz know how it vapes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I was in the ovale shop in Dublin today and I nearly bought one. Was €90 for the kit. Tried it out and thought it was good. Really like the size of it because most of the kit I have is too bulky for going out. I stopped myself because I just bought a Lavatube. Thing is like a goddamn cannon.

jakdublin wrote: »
    I was in the ovale shop in Dublin today and I nearly bought one. Was €90 for the kit. Tried it out and thought it was good. Really like the size of it because most of the kit I have is too bulky for going out. I stopped myself because I just bought a Lavatube. Thing is like a goddamn cannon.
    €90 :eek: cost me €99 from the web-shop :( and €174 with bits & bobs + shipping. And hasn't been shipped by registered post yet as far as I know, supposed to get a tracking number sent by email and haven't been sent that yet. Just hope there's someone home to sign for it when it arrives, dunno what happens if it doesn't where does it go??

There's so many different types of mods out there, no doubt we will all be buying many more before where finished, if we ever are :o

€90 :eek: cost me €99 from the web-shop :( and €174 with bits & bobs + shipping. And hasn't been shipped by registered post yet as far as I know, supposed to get a tracking number sent by email and haven't been sent that yet. Just hope there's someone home to sign for it when it arrives, dunno what happens if it doesn't where does it go??

Got an email 20 minutes after posting the above saying it was dispatched and got tracking number, they work late at Ovale, or someone saw the post ;) Either way should get it tomorrow :)

There's so many different types of mods out there, no doubt we will all be buying many more before where finished, if we ever are :o

In fairness, I didn't ask exactly what was in the kit so it mightn't be like for like. Don't worry, if you're not in when they call they'll leave a form for you to pick it up at your local sorting office. Don't leave it there more than two or three days or it'll go back to the sender.

We'll be finished when it's banned. It's only a matter of time before some do-gooder puts vaping on a par with head shops. I can see it coming.

Just saw your last post. Let us know how you get on with it. It looks cool.

Well it’s here, got it delivered at my work, and can't believe a non vv device could create so much vapour and really good throat hit, it’s flavour is super as well, don’t know how long the 360 mAh batteries will last but I have 3 anyway, and will be getting the PCC when Ovale stock them (coming soon it says).

Also can't get over how small the whole thing is must be only 3 and half inches in total. Super for the pub and travel, but will probably be used non-stop for a good while (big kid with a new toy).

Would recommend this PV to anyone, super tool and flavour is really smooth not as sharp as my other PVs (Strawberry Lemonade)

Just one question for the ppl in the know. How long do the attys for the ego C last (roughly) and do you clean it the same way as the clearo’s (hot water, dry burn etc) not sure on this point as never used this type before.

That's what looked good about it to me, the size. Nice and compact for out and about and it tasted good too. I might just pick one up next week. Let us know how long the batteries last.

That's what looked good about it to me, the size. Nice and compact for out and about and it tasted good too. I might just pick one up next week. Let us know how long the batteries last.

My first battery lasted 5 minutes short of 6 hours, and that was vaping fairly heavy, (subsequent one's should last longer after initial novelty) surprised I kept expecting it to run out after 3 hours and then every 5 minutes after that until it eventually did.

Did notice a drop off in battery performance after 4 hours, but thats' what being spoilt by vv mods does for you, but still did a reasonable job for the last 2 hours, flavour was maintained, just slight drop off in vapour and hit, though it was very good from the start.

Charge time was 90 minutes for it. Just can't find out for sure if the Attys for the Elips is the exact same as eGo C they look identical, if so can save €20 by buying from ECS rather than Ovale for a pack of 5?.

• Advertisement

Sounds good. Im sure I'll go for it before Christmas. Maybe give this crowd a call. http://www.ovaleireland.com to find out about the attys.
    If you're in Dublin drop in and they'll let you sample a range of liquids. It's a Hungarian couple running it.

Nah nowhere near as good as mine :p tiz the previous version by the looks of the atty assembly, bloody hope so as mine was 4 times the cost :eek: plus they could only afford to give it a 3 click shutdown battery while mine version costs more because of the 5 clicks :D. Haven't checked to see what the shipping costs from that crowd is, as some of the yanky shops charge over $40 for shipping.

As for the attys if I asked the Ovale crowd in Dublin they are bound to say the eGo C attys are different, well I would not to lose out on their sales for them, might buy a 5 pack from ECS for €10 (Ovale's are €30 and for the eGo C attys) and if they don't work only €10 lost, but I have a feeling in my water they are the same bloody attys.

As soon as the PCC is available I will get one from Ovale, I dont mind the cost so much as Ovale quality control seams to be one of the better out there.

Even though its expensive I am still saving against fags. Right now I am up €76:D

As soon as the PCC is available I will get one from Ovale, I dont mind the cost so much as Ovale quality control seams to be one of the better out there.

Even though its expensive I am still saving against fags. Right now I am up €76:D

Dodgy Kriss, the batteries have complex circuitry as well for the charge cut off protection when fully charged, you don't want another €80 fine and handcuffs job do you :D Think it's safer and will work out cheaper for you just to buy 200 duty free fags when your abroad ;) and go back vaping when you get home :eek:

I'm waiting on the PCC myself.

As soon as the PCC is available I will get one from Ovale,

Got an email back from them at Ovale website, late next week before they are available on the website, their supply at the moment is for those who are on their waiting list. More ordered.

What's a PCC? Sorry, kinda new to this game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

portable charging case

you plug it iun at home, it has a battery inside it and then when you're out and about you can stick your smaller batteries in there to charge as the day goes on

Took the plunge and bought a kit yesterday from the Dublin store. Really like it. A couple of cons I need to figure out. I brought one out last night and vaped my way through the tank fairly quickly. Need to get some kind of a carry case for juice. Also, the disposable rubber mouthpiece keeps slipping off. Not sure what I can do about that. Overall I'm very happy with it though, even if it is expensive.

• Advertisement

Took the plunge and bought a kit yesterday from the Dublin store. Really like it. A couple of cons I need to figure out. I brought one out last night and vaped my way through the tank fairly quickly. Need to get some kind of a carry case for juice. Also, the disposable rubber mouthpiece keeps slipping off. Not sure what I can do about that. Overall I'm very happy with it though, even if it is expensive.
    I use the wife's glasses case and it's like Dr Who's Tardis. Fits 2 18500 batteries a spare 510/eGo adapter, 2 spare T3's and 2 spare heads, and a 10ml bottle of juice, a similar case would take all your Elips goodies for out and about. It isn't so long, but good and wide.

As for the rubber mouth piece I don't use it takes away the sleek look, but keep one with the kit only if someone wants to try it (don't know where they been :eek:)

Advertisement