Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovale Elips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i love mine too. they excel in conjunction with the new charging case. very good performance, solid and stylish built.
    very small and the oval shape is real nice, even a bit posh looking that whole kit.
    Ideal for me when i go for a few pints, almost stealthish.
    Have a look here http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=4698 (Vapourtrails , go to 6min).

Expensive but unique and works a charm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

kiffy wrote: »
    I use the wife's glasses case and it's like Dr Who's Tardis. Fits 2 18500 batteries a spare 510/eGo adapter, 2 spare T3's and 2 spare heads, and a 10ml bottle of juice, a similar case would take all your Elips goodies for out and about. It isn't so long, but good and wide.

As for the rubber mouth piece I don't use it takes away the sleek look, but keep one with the kit only if someone wants to try it (don't know where they been :eek:)

I'm a dope. Found the proper mouthpiece in the box. :D

Yeah, I'll look for a pencil case or something. Don't think I'll be bringing that much kit out with me :)

i love mine too. they excel in conjunction with the new charging case. very good performance, solid and stylish built.
    very small and the oval shape is real nice, even a bit posh looking that whole kit.
    Ideal for me when i go for a few pints, almost stealthish.
    Have a look here http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=4698 (Vapourtrails , go to 6min).

Expensive but unique and works a charm....

That's really what sold me. Very discrete. I'll have a look at that charging case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

jakdublin wrote: »
    I'm a dope. Found the proper mouthpiece in the box. :D

Yeah, I'll look for a pencil case or something. Don't think I'll be bringing that much kit out with me :)

"I see said the blind man" couldn't figure out how the rubber mouth piece would fall off as mine are good tight fits, didn't realise you were putting it straight onto the tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thinking about getting these for the mother to replace her smokegreens. She wasn't to impressed with the size and look of my 1100mah Ego Twist with Mini Vivi.

The Ovale Ireland website still has coming soon for the PCC and some other bits. Any word when they'll have the whole kit and kaboodle back in stock?

......and in brushed aluminium like in the vapourtrails review

......or anywhere else I can order right now,even outside of Ireland.

......and will she or I notice a difference between the eLips C system and her smokegreens. ie is the eLips system closer to the vape of my Twist/Vivi or to the weedy vape of the smokegreens?

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    Thinking about getting these for the mother to replace her smokegreens. She wasn't to impressed with the size and look of my 1100mah Ego Twist with Mini Vivi.

The Ovale Ireland website still has coming soon for the PCC and some other bits. Any word when they'll have the whole kit and kaboodle back in stock?

......and will she or I notice a difference between the eLips C system and her smokegreens. ie is the eLips system closer to the vape of my Twist/Vivi or to the weedy vape of the smokegreens?

Get the starter kit. You don't need the PCC. it's miles better than Greensmoke, which is what I started off on, and you can stick any juice in so a world of taste awaits her. It's pricey though but worth €100 for the simplicity and convenience IMO. They have the aluminium in the Dublin shop.

Keith you might want to take a look at the new Joytech eRoll, looks a nice small ecig the batteries are only 90 mAh but a pccc comes with the starter kit, seen on TBS coming soon, they might be available on other site now though, haven't checked
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-eroll/188-joye-eroll.html

There is a big difference in the Elips and Elips C, different atty set up works out 7 times cheaper, and the C has a well to fit the tank where the Elips fitted staright onto the eGo C atty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Did ye ever find out of the cheaper ego c attiess worked on your eLips C Kiffy?

Did ye ever find out of the cheaper ego c attiess worked on your eLips C Kiffy?

Yep there the very same, except the price, you can get 5 for €10 at http://e-cigshop.eu/e-cig-components-spare-parts/eGo-C-Atomizer-Head. They cost €30 from the Ovale website.

I'll pm you if you interested in buying mine Elips C set up, (or anyone else for that matter) got 3 batteries extra mouth piece and 5 extra tanks and a good few attys, you can have the lot for half of what I paid for them. (I'm getting the Joye eVic so probably won't use the thing again). Eyes bigger than my wallet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 evanmarko

not sure if there is a new elips version (someone told me there was, i just havent seen it) but if its the old, i would keep away.

This was one of the very first models i bought, i obviously chose it because of its kick ass design. I cant say it was a bad vape, quite good actually. The problem for we was the leaking :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: that drove me up the wall!

I realised the problem wasnt from a faulty tank or atomizer but the actual design. Well at least this is what i think.

we all know that liquid is heated and turns it into vapor and when it cools again it becomes liquid. The problem with this design is that some of the vapor remains in the cap (covering the atomizer + tank), so when it reaches room temperature it becomes liquid again while remaining on the inner part of the cap. Since the liquid isnt in the tank anymore it starts to leak like crazy.

To minimise this problem i used to continue to inhale a few seconds after i had released the button and opened the cap and wiped the inner part dry.

my 2 cent :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

evanmarko wrote: »
    not sure if there is a new elips version (someone told me there was, i just havent seen it) but if its the old, i would keep away.

This was one of the very first models i bought, i obviously chose it because of its kick ass design. I cant say it was a bad vape, quite good actually. The problem for we was the leaking :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: that drove me up the wall!

I realised the problem wasnt from a faulty tank or atomizer but the actual design. Well at least this is what i think.

we all know that liquid is heated and turns it into vapor and when it cools again it becomes liquid. The problem with this design is that some of the vapor remains in the cap (covering the atomizer + tank), so when it reaches room temperature it becomes liquid again while remaining on the inner part of the cap. Since the liquid isnt in the tank anymore it starts to leak like crazy.

To minimise this problem i used to continue to inhale a few seconds after i had released the button and opened the cap and wiped the inner part dry.

my 2 cent :rolleyes:

Yes the C is the new version, and the leakage is 99% gone with better design (check my last post for the differences I mentioned) I saw youtube vid's of the previous version and it looked a right messy yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I'll pm you if you interested in buying mine Elips C set up, (or anyone else for that matter)

You have mail :D

krissovo wrote: »
    You have mail :D

Back atcha :p

got the silver v2 version (pcc cap closes with full elips in it) and its very satisfying.
    Vapour sure depends on liquid but i could produce more than the smokers around me.
    I havent tested very long yet but on a night out with a spare tank in the cap of the pcc and swapping
    the one from charge to the one in use every once in a while its brilliant and its so stylish and nice looking,
    i got a few questions about it and where they can be got aswell as let me have a drag please....

Yep there the very same, except the price, you can get 5 for €10 at http://e-cigshop.eu/e-cig-components-spare-parts/eGo-C-Atomizer-Head. They cost €30 from the Ovale website.

I'll pm you if you interested in buying mine Elips C set up, (or anyone else for that matter) got 3 batteries extra mouth piece and 5 extra tanks and a good few attys, you can have the lot for half of what I paid for them. (I'm getting the Joye eVic so probably won't use the thing again). Eyes bigger than my wallet :o

That's good to know.

got the silver v2 version (pcc cap closes with full elips in it) and its very satisfying.
    Vapour sure depends on liquid but i could produce more than the smokers around me.
    I havent tested very long yet but on a night out with a spare tank in the cap of the pcc and swapping
    the one from charge to the one in use every once in a while its brilliant and its so stylish and nice looking,
    i got a few questions about it and where they can be got aswell as let me have a drag please....

I love it too. Check out kiffy's tip for the cheap atomisers. Where did you get the PCC?

was on a list of a preorder, as i like the metal casing and its size.

the spare c heads work fine in it and produce good vapour?
    for 3rd of the ovale price would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

can anyone tell me when you need to change the atomiser or tank on the elips please? Yer wan was a bit vague on that part.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

minotour wrote: »
    can anyone tell me when you need to change the atomiser or tank on the elips please? Yer wan was a bit vague on that part.

Ta
    You will deffo know when its time, the vapour and hit will dis-improve and may start to get a burning taste even though the tank may not be low or empty.

Have to say the eGo C atty's are the worst I have experienced, they never seemed to last me more than a few days before needing to be replaced coz of burning taste of them.

Advertisement