Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PT in Belfast

• 18-11-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭

Right. I need to get myself sorted. I've mucked about too long at the gym now trying to bulk up and only made minor inroads for the amount of time I've spent there.

I need to get a PT to help me focus and understand where I'm going wrong.

So, can anyone recommend a PT in Belfast who has knowledge and experience in help clients gain muscle mass?

Due to certain reason I need a PT who also has the ability to help with nutrition. I can't deal with someone who is just going to tell me to eat steaks and drink whey protein...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PTC Frankston

Well, I tell my guys to eat steak, potato, and drink milk if weight gain is there goal

Maximizing minimalism

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thai Boxer

There is one guy in Belast who is head and shoulders above the rest. Paul McIlroy, owner of Centaur Gym. Rather than rant and rave here I'll just post some links, the results speak for themselves.

Short video about the gym.

Testimonial video from one of his clients.

Search for him on facebook and you'll find story after story of people transforming their bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I've seen that site before. However, I've not got a spare £1,500 lying about for his programme :(.
    eat steak, potato, and drink milk if weight gain is there goal
    These are out for me, due to health reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm heading down to his place over the weekend to see what he can offer me, if anything.

As an aside I've just managed to perform squats for 4 reps @100kg (66.5kg bodyweight) - so have just reached the 1.5 x bodyweight target I've had. Although squatting a triple digit weight was more of a barrier for me!

It wasn't perfect, probably could have gone deeper, but it felt good and I could have done more, but decided to stop on a high point. I just need to get accustomed to having the weight on my back.

Bench is hovering at 1.1 x b/w for 4 reps too. DL has gone off the boil at 1.8 x b/w.

It's nice to leave the gym feeling positive for a change :D

Advertisement