Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 Bargain?

• 19-11-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi i recently bought an iphone 4 off ebay. €225/$290 it cost me. I was debating whether to get the Iphone 4 or the 4s. But i decided to get the 4 as it seemed that the only diffenence was "siri" and the slight quickness in speed in the 4s. Anyway i was just wondering was this a good deal or did i get screwed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Hi i recently bought an iphone 4 off ebay. €225/$290 it cost me. I was debating whether to get the Iphone 4 or the 4s. But i decided to get the 4 as it seemed that the only diffenence was "siri" and the slight quickness in speed in the 4s. Anyway i was just wondering was this a good deal or did i get screwed!

Well they're going for €399 new so as long as there's no cracks and it's working fine, you got a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Good deal but you'd have to ask why its being sold for that little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Probably someone moving to the better nexus 4.

Yes you got ripped considering you bought 2 year old technology for the price of a good new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SRESIEWDUB

Good deal but you'd have to ask why its being sold for that little

iphone 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Media999 wrote: »

Yes you got ripped considering you bought 2 year old technology for the price of a good new phone.

jesus christ..do the android lads have anything to talk about in their forum? :rolleyes:
    Apple products hold their value as they're better made..contrast a S3 to a iphone 4 and the IP4 wins in term of build quality.
    Also unlike Android Apple tend to support their phones a lot longer hence why resale value is still very good for a 2 year old phone.
    And in case you think I'm a apple fan I actually have a S2 and a 4s so I know what I'm talking about.

oh wait now I remember you..you were posting the same tripe on the iphone5 thread....jesus dude...if you keep spouting rubbish like what you're constantly doing people will think you're retarded or something....oh wait ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

To be honest, iPhone 4 will sell on adverts for €250 all day long. So aslong as you got a good conditioned phone, then you saved a little by buying and taking the risk with eBay.

Where is it coming from? Is it unlocked officially etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Its a 16gb unwanted present and was used for 10 days. So in other words its practically brand new.
    Its not unlocked so ill have to unlock it myself. Wont cost any more than 15 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

You've incurred infractions before because of this aggressive type of posting. Tread warily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Its a 16gb unwanted present and was used for 10 days. So in other words its practically brand new.
    Its not unlocked so ill have to unlock it myself. Wont cost any more than 15 euro
    You should never have bought it without trying your SIM in it first to see if its working , if its not unlocked then you will find it very difficult to get it unlocked and if it has been reported lost or stolen it will be permanently blocked and useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You should never have bought it without trying your SIM in it first to see if its working , if its not unlocked then you will find it very difficult to get it unlocked and if it has been reported lost or stolen it will be permanently blocked and useless.
    The blacklist will only work in whatever country the phone is from. It can more than likely be unlocked using unlockguru.co.uk or similar but will cost between 50-120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Blazer wrote: »
    jesus christ..do the android lads have anything to talk about in their forum? :rolleyes:
    Apple products hold their value as they're better made..contrast a S3 to a iphone 4 and the IP4 wins in term of build quality.
    Also unlike Android Apple tend to support their phones a lot longer hence why resale value is still very good for a 2 year old phone.
    And in case you think I'm a apple fan I actually have a S2 and a 4s so I know what I'm talking about.

oh wait now I remember you..you were posting the same tripe on the iphone5 thread....jesus dude...if you keep spouting rubbish like what you're constantly doing people will think you're retarded or something....oh wait ;)

Yes because only a retard would think a nexus 4 is better than an iphone 5.

Enjoying your iphone 5 lads?

Yes because only a retard would think a nexus 4 is better than an iphone 5.

Enjoying your iphone 5 lads?

My God, you simply don't learn, do you? Give me two minutes......

I hate my iphone 5

SRESIEWDUB wrote: »
    I hate my iphone 5

If you have something to add to this thread, please post. Any more pointless non-sequiturs like that and your presence will not be welcome. I will be watching you.

culabula wrote: »
    If you have something to add to this thread, please post. Any more pointless non-sequiturs like that and your presence will not be welcome. I will be watching you.

Oh ok....I liked my iphone before but now I think its just like any other iphone

SRESIEWDUB wrote: »
    Oh ok....I liked my iphone before but now I think its just like any other iphone

Listen, don't get smart. You've already been banned tonight in another forum.

culabula wrote: »
    Listen, don't get smart. You've already been banned tonight in another forum.

Inspector clueless....Interpol feeding you your info I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Im from dublin and around here there are many phone shops that unlock phones. I presume theses are ok

Im from dublin and around here there are many phone shops that unlock phones. I presume theses are ok
    The unlock won't work unless its done through the operator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

guil wrote: »
    The blacklist will only work in whatever country the phone is from.

That's not correct, if it's blacklisted on some of the Irish Networks (I won't name which ones) the blacklist is Europe wide.
    OP is very lucky he didn't get stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

By just going into some random shop down the road, you've no guarantee that they'll actually unlock the phone. What they might do is jailbreak it instead, so then you'll turn around and do something like update the software and end up with a locked phone again.
    To unlock a phone, you have to go to the carrier. Apple technical support might be able to help you, but try the carrier first.

That's not correct, if it's blacklisted on some of the Irish Networks (I won't name which ones) the blacklist is Europe wide.
    OP is very lucky he didn't get stung.
    Go correct every other post I've read stating otherwise so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

guil wrote: »
    Go correct every other post I've read stating otherwise so

You've given the impression to posters that its ok to buy a blacklisted phone as long as its from a different country as it will work here or somewhere else. Why are you even making such statements. When it comes to stolen property nobody should even half considering going anywhere near it.

Oh will you cop on and stop being so dramatic. You're implying that every second hand iPhone bought online is going to dodgy.

Advertisement