Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭

Powers that be, thanks for a TWD forum!!!

So, anyone up to 104 in the comics?? How long do you think it can go on for? Negan doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, and I thought The Governor was bad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I might be wrong but I think that comics still stay in their own forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I stopped around 100. I can't stand reading them as they come out as they're so short and I usually completely forget what has happened before. Last thing I remember was Glenn getting head smashed in. I'm loving how some elements are being put into the TV show and some things aren't. Keeps the TV show fresh

Just read #104
    Carl's screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

I might be wrong but I think that comics still stay in their own forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Everything walking dead is fine here as long as its titled appropriately I'm sure.

Everything walking dead is fine here as long as its titled appropriately I'm sure.

To be honest... I might have been wrong. My intention was to have a forum for all things The Walking Dead... but it has been created under the TV category.
    I had wanted to moderate the forum when it came but there are no moderators for this forum specifically; it is covered by the Television moderators.
    No disrespect to them, they have much more experience moderating than me, but it may be an issue when it comes to spoilers unless they are following the show as it airs.

I'm going to hold off making a thread about it yet but I would hope that someone from a TWD background would get moderator rights and responsibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah I didn't know it was under the TV section. I thought there would be a TWD forum to discuss all aspects, Comic, TV Show, Game and Novels.

It would be nice to have a thread where the universe can be discussed like 'The Governor did x in comics, tv show and novel' and discuss that.

hhmmmmm

Anyway, yes Pappa Dolla,
    Carl is screwed! I see Negan trying to turn him into one of them.
    Next issue should be good!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone have any theories about the different types of walkers that have been subtly mentioned every now and again? There does seem to be the very faintest hint that a discovery about the fate of the Walkers might develop into a storyline sometime soon i.e. placid walkers, zombie degradation, change in behaviour etc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No disrespect to them, they have much more experience moderating than me, but it may be an issue when it comes to spoilers unless they are following the show as it airs.

I'm going to hold off making a thread about it yet but I would hope that someone from a TWD background would get moderator rights and responsibilities.
    Avid comic book reader and TV show watcher here..

;)

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Anyone have any theories about the different types of walkers that have been subtly mentioned every now and again? There does seem to be the very faintest hint that a discovery about the fate of the Walkers might develop into a storyline sometime soon i.e. placid walkers, zombie degradation, change in behaviour etc

I hadn't noticed that to be fair.

As we have a whole forum, would it be wise to start separate threads per issue?

EG:
    TWD Comic issue #104 - SPOILERS FOR TELEVISION VIEWERS!

Already on this thread we have someone who's nearly read up to #100, so there's definitely somethings I don't want to spoil for them! ;)

So this way, we could just talk about that issue, not the previous ones, or issues that haven't happened yet?

I hadn't noticed that to be fair.

As we have a whole forum, would it be wise to start separate threads per issue?

EG:

Already on this thread we have someone who's nearly read up to #100, so there's definitely somethings I don't want to spoil for them! ;)

So this way, we could just talk about that issue, not the previous ones, or issues that haven't happened yet?

Yeah that would be handy instead of assuming everyone is up to 104. It's only out once a month so I can't see the thread being flooded but I spose its up to the mods. Who is the official mod for TWD anyway?

• Advertisement

TV mods at present. I'm sure they'll ask one or two posters to be dedicated TWD mods.

Back to the OP, Kirkman said he has plots set up to take us to issue #200 and writing them in 24 issue bursts. We should be ok for a while ;)

Back to the OP, Kirkman said he has plots set up to take us to issue #200 and writing them in 24 issue bursts. We should be ok for a while ;)

Class! I found 104 a bit short or I just read it a bit quick maybe. Just reading the novel 'Road to Woodbury' at the moment to keep me going til 105.

Is that the governors book? I haven't read it yet, but I hear it's pretty good?

Is that the governors book? I haven't read it yet, but I hear it's pretty good?

No it's the 2nd one. The first is 'Rise of the Governor'. Absolutely brilliant. Made me want to go back and read The Givernor arc in the comics again and made me look at him differently in the tv show.

Well worth the tenner

http://www.omahonys.ie/catalog/the-walking-dead-book-1-rise-of-the-governor-p-311669.html

I'll pick it up today.

Cheers!

Basq wrote: »
    Avid comic book reader and TV show watcher here..

;)

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just got it today can't wait for Rick's plan to formulate , That Negan is a right arse hole although it all seems to familiar, But i bet Rick didn't plan on Carl being an eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still waiting for the continuation of the alien story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Grimebox wrote: »
    I stopped around 100. I can't stand reading them as they come out as they're so short and I usually completely forget what has happened before. Last thing I remember was Glenn getting head smashed in. I'm loving how some elements are being put into the TV show and some things aren't. Keeps the TV show fresh

Wow how can you just stop at issue 100!

I was pissing myself waiting for the next issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Block (8 wrote: »
    Wow how can you just stop at issue 100!

I was pissing myself waiting for the next issue

They're just too short to read month-to-month. I'll wait for about 20 more and make a nice afternoon of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just read 108.
    I think this series may have jumped the shark with King Ezekiel and his tiger.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just read 108.
    I think this series may have jumped the shark with King Ezekiel and his tiger.

Came on to post the exact same thing! WTF.

I thought Negan was a bit unbelievable and no way could he be put into the TV show the same way he is now but Ezekiel is just taking the piss.

Reading the fan letters at the back, it sounds like Kirkman is just having fun writing Negan getting to say things he never could in real life. Don't know where this comic is heading but I miss all the old faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This has just gotten really, really bad.

crap, melodramatic stuff all round here. Ezekiel being introduced and then immediately giving his backstory to Michonne through clunky dialogue was lame. The tiger is still stupid. Negan is stupid. I don't care about stupid Spencer dying. I don't care about any of these characters anymore. Wish I'd stopped reading at about issue 50, as I genuinely haven't cared about any new characters introduced since then.

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Aw yeah man, this is becoming a struggle to read. It's building up to a big battle but honestly I don't care who lives or dies and where the story goes from here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

It's Definetly gone to fcuk alright. It's the governor all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I have not read a comic book since I was 10
    I decided to have a look at the walking dead comics
    just to see what people on here were yapping about and as a fan of the tv show
    and got hooked and read them all on-line
    Actually very surprising and entertaining and you go through them quite fast.
    I agree though they seem to have lost there way towards the end I am guessing
    there is not much more to them..

I cannot help thinking why not in colour and why not animated?
    Are comics books a dying medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Who will die during Volume 20 "All Out War"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

#115 Cover & Preview
    The Walking Dead Issue 115
    Release Date: October 9, 2013
    "The biggest storyline in Walking Dead history–just in time to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series! It’s Rick versus Negan with a little help from everyone else!"
    Link to preview

0F8C47F7-AF3D-4F2E-B1E8-7ADAFDC25528-2077-00000187E92E4D85_zpse1a44749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Meh......Negan= Governor ...but with the Govenor there was a lot more on the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Meh......Negan= Governor ...but with the Govenor there was a lot more on the line

Really?

He is similar to the Governor alrite, but there is just as much on the line I'd say, Issue 115
    Looks like the next issue will be the All Out War

Advertisement