Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

True but there just isn't the same connection to the characters as there was in the governor arc in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

True but there just isn't the same connection to the characters as there was in the governor arc in my opinion

Ya, definitely. They could kill all of them bar the main few that are left and I wouldn't care.

One major character has to go before Xmas anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read 115, handy how they are on youtube. Anyway, every issue I'm expecting 'the war' but it never happens. Don't think it will happen in 116 either. Anyone know that guy at the very end with the warning?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone know that guy at the very end with the warning?

That was the leader from the Hilltop community, so that might put the sh*ts up Jesus and all the people from there.

Ah yes, the weasle fella. It will be really bad if in 116, half the gang walks away and then rick & friends are left eating humble pie, return home and try to think of their next plan. Like Pinky & the Brain trying to take over the world at this point.

• Advertisement

Hope not.
    Hope it doesn't change the plan at all.

Jesus will probably step up, as that leader has proved to be weak.

Do you think any major characters will get killed before Xmas? like the whole issue 100 thing. That was rough.:mad:

Ya, Jaysus was the real leader of that group, hope the rest of hilltop can see that.

At this stage the only shock I would get with the 10th anniversary issue is if they killed off Rick.

I think they need to finish the Negan storyline, take a group of the main characters and set them off on a new journey, location, anything. They need some more hope, like Eugene telling them about Washington, to drive them on.

I wonder will it ever happen that Rick is killed off and Carl takes over as main protag.

I wonder will it ever happen that Rick is killed off and Carl takes over as main protag.

First page of the 1st issue says that the comic is all about Rick and its Ricks life/viewpoint. Nothing to stop them changing that now at this stage, and pass it over to Carl, but I don't think that would hold the audience, might have the opposite effect.

And if you kill Carl, that the end of Rick, cause Carl is all that keeps him going.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't think either Carl or Rick will die any time soon, but I hope this All Out War theme doesn't continue past another 4-5 episodes really as it is being dragged out quite a bit now, although when you only get a small increment each month it'll feel like that inevitably I guess.

I don't know if there is a planned 'next phase' story along the lines of some renewed hope, whether that's a proper, large human band (not numbering hundreds, but a larger haven) or something along the lines of a promise of treatment or at least inoculation against turning when you die. The constant threat and warring among human factions must surely change tack at some point? The scavenging and finding supplies method must be coming close to an end now surely? I know people will get even more desperate as things tighten, but there isn't enough focus on food and that end of survival, and too much on people with tigers and barbed wire bats. Get this big bad guy out of the way, I'm guessing Andrea or Michonne will be the main death coming up soon, probably Andrea I reckon with all the focus on 'we don't die' type comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Release Dates Up To Issue #126

#116 - 11/13/2013
    #117 - 11/27/2013
    #118 - 12/11/2013
    #119 - 01/08/2014
    #120 - 01/22/2014
    #121 - 02/12/2014
    #122 - 02/26/2014
    #123 - 03/12/2014
    #124 - 03/26/2014
    #125 - 04/09/2014
    #126 - 04/23/2014

Up to two a month from one a month

• Advertisement

2 a month is good but they are having trouble with the quality for once a month so I hope they have a new storyline planned.

2 a month is good but they are having trouble with the quality for once a month so I hope they have a new storyline planned.

Maybe they are getting sick of the Negan angle as well and want to advance the story a bit more quickly?

116 is out today. Actually a good issue, the gang are finally making a proper push. Feel bad for
    Holly, I think Negan is gonna get fair nasty ala the Governor and Michonne

Good as well the next issue is in 2 weeks.

^

First thing that make into my head too. Won't be nice.

Great issue anyways, the best in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The two a month is only to cover the All Out War arc iirc, wise move as it's 12 or 16 issues in the arc. Have to say I enjoy the comic more when it's running alongside the show, nice to see characters x y Z get up to one thing on the show and then have them totally different, yet the same, in the comic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Wanted to see what all the fuss was about, so read all 116 comics at the weekend (result may end in divorce).

Really enjoyed it, but they need to push on past the warring humanity elements. The whole walking dead are almost peripheral characters now. I get the whole 'humans being more dangerous than the walking dead' bit. But, enough already.

Looking forward to 117 - glad it's going to two a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

smcgiff wrote: »
    Wanted to see what all the fuss was about, so read all 116 comics at the weekend (result may end in divorce).

Really enjoyed it, but they need to push on past the warring humanity elements. The whole walking dead are almost peripheral characters now. I get the whole 'humans being more dangerous than the walking dead' bit. But, enough already.

Looking forward to 117 - glad it's going to two a month.

I can't remember the last time someone in the comic got bitten by a walker, it's getting ridiculous. But I'm always interested to hear people's opinion of the events of issue 100 so feel free to let us know what you thought of it!

But I'm always interested to hear people's opinion of the events of issue 100 so feel free to let us know what you thought of it!

I didn't get the reason for the trip to Hilltop, and it just seemed to be used to get them isolated for the attack by Negan.

I like the mad humour of Negan. I think he's as least as strong as The Governor, and probably better developed directly compared against the comic book governor (excluding other sources).

I was sad to see Glen get killed - he was a sacrifice to issue 100 - and it was gruesome.

But I did have a couple of laugh out load moments at the dark humour.

I thought it was a good issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Ok we all know Kirkman has big plans for this arc but come on. Yes we know its biweekly but still. Lets get back to the action for the love of god.

Yeah, bit of a filler edition.

Learned that Negan has a concept of morality, even if he is brutal (and just loves his cuss words). If we think back I don't think he's killed anyone without a reason per his logic, unlike the Governor who'd kill for lot less reasons.

• Advertisement

Yeah, bit of a filler edition.

Learned that Negan has a concept of morality, even if he is brutal (and just loves his cuss words). If we think back I don't think he's killed anyone without a reason per his logic, unlike the Governor who'd kill for lot less reasons.

And I thought #117 was filler! :rolleyes: :D

smcgiff wrote: »
    And I thought #117 was filler! :rolleyes: :D

Haven't read it yet, forgot it was out so soon.

Feck, I didn't think any of these issues in the All Out War story would be filler.

uuggggghhhhh backstory of King Tiger fella who I couldn't care less about.

119 is a bit slow, very nice ending though, looks like 120 will be full steam ahead.

Well 120 was full steam ahead but still boring. Negan summed up by this one quote. 121 (start of
    All Out War part 2, yeah, a 2nd part
    !!!) is out tomorrow.
    My d*ck is so hard I should wrap it in barb wire and call it Lucile 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Re: All out war arc

7.5/10
    Its been action packed and entertaining picked up a bit as it went on

On the negative side there is a serious lack of detail i.e. numbers of people involved, distances of places and relativity to each other
    which makes figuring out and enjoying the clashes annoying
    Also there has been some questionable use of weapons and tactics by all sides
    The writers IMO seem to lack firearms and basic military/combat knowledge.

If there was more detail about what has going on and more realistic better fight scenes
    I would increase marks.

edit:
    Caught up to #121

It looks like all that's left is the Factory and the hilltop one on one with both sides weakened.

Is 126 going to be the last of the 'war' comics? It's looking like it is getting to a climax now finally with Negan preparing to assault the Hilltop before Rick and co can put their plan to split their numbers somewhat in place, and with the insurrection within Negan's own camp that will likely turn things in the Hilltop's favour. I'm guessing we will see a bit of cull in characters with the likes of Jesus/Ezekial and a few more of the fringe characters up for the chop I'd say. I'll be surprised if any of Rick/Carl/Michonne/Andrea/Maggie get killed, but who knows I guess. Since the Glenn one there has been no main character killing, but they are running out of them at this point.

It'll be interesting to see what the next big arc after Negan is anyhow. Will they stay in the Hilltop, or will the rate of attrition be so high again that a smaller group moves on to look once again for a more permanent settlement?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

lauren cohan had a hard job on talking dead trying not to spoil glenn's fate

• Advertisement

Now that was a great ending!

Advertisement