Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Do you think the arrow was clean or dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Danjamin1 wrote: »

I'd like to say duuuuuurty but it has to be a clean one. What I can't understand is why Two Face doesn't just finish off Negan while they are on their own and his back to him.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd like to say duuuuuurty but it has to be a clean one. What I can't understand is why Two Face doesn't just finish off Negan while they are on their own and his back to him.

I wondered about that too. He even said in the last issue if he got a chance he'd take it. Also why doesn't Andrea focus on negan instead of the cars? I get he's in cover a lot but for the most part he stands out in the open. One bullet, story over. I think I'd like to see them back on the road now, that was always the best when they were trying to find somewhere to go. Like after the prison was taken out, or before they found the prison. Not enough to do with zombies anymore, it's all about people. Fine, but throw some zombies in there too!

Yupp, I was thinking the exact same thing, Negan walks straight in and I was thinking why doesn't Andrea hit him??? Yeah, back on the road is definitely the way to go, we had enough psycho dictators but honestly dunno what interesting story they can do next.

They haven't done the whole "Oh no, I'm bitten, oh wait I'm immune, and oh yeah, I heard about these guys working on a cure, we should totes go see them" storyline yet. Is that the next direction? Or is it war for another 3 issues, then rebuild society again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I wondered about that too. He even said in the last issue if he got a chance he'd take it.

Wasn't there something in the last issue about him waiting to see how things pan out, making sure he's siding with the winners or something? Must re-read

Anyway, that was unexpected! I think it's gonna be a clean arrow though, just can't see Rick being killed yet. Plus I really want it to be his hand that's holding the bat on the cover of #126.

I want it to be a bionic hand, they've hinted at that (ok not quite that, but something for the stump). Don't know if they could kill rick, would you keep reading if they did? I'm not sure. Who's the main character then? Carl? I think it's a clean arrow, why not just kill negan though! There's a good few people looking to break ranks in the last couple issues now.

They haven't done the whole "Oh no, I'm bitten, oh wait I'm immune, and oh yeah, I heard about these guys working on a cure, we should totes go see them" storyline yet. Is that the next direction? Or is it war for another 3 issues, then rebuild society again?

I spose they did that with Eugene pretending he new the cure was in Washington. I still think it would be good if they set out for some destination and have different things happen them on the way.

I see Maggie caving in Negan's skull with Lucille

I spose they did that with Eugene pretending he new the cure was in Washington. I still think it would be good if they set out for some destination and have different things happen them on the way.

Forgot about that. Abraham was good, Rick could do with him right about now. I wonder will they make anyone immune? Probably Carl if they're going to go that direction. Not rick though.

• Advertisement

I see Maggie caving in Negan's skull with Lucille

Zombie tiger takes negan by surprise?

Yeah, I can see it either being Maggie taking revenge for Glenn - or Carl perhaps if Rick does end up dying. Rick should be the one to put him down though.

"I'm going to kill you. Not today. Not tomorrow. But I will kill you."

DO IT RICK! :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see it either being Maggie taking revenge for Glenn - or Carl perhaps if Rick does end up dying.

Yeah probably. Negan has to die by Lucille, they've made that much obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

It's not an arrow they are called bolts. :p

---

Negans eye roll was the best moment of whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Has to be a clean arrow, eh bolt, the first page of issue 1 says its the story of Rick Grimes, I always took that as, they'd never kill him off.

Great last 2 issues, 3 issues to go isn't it?

Should be good....

It's not an arrow they are called bolts

Haha brilliant! WHAT-MOTHER-F×CKING-EVER

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll be amazed if it is not a clean bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if it is not a clean bolt.

Of course it is, non fatal hit but leaving Negan to think its infected.

Of course it is, non fatal hit but leaving Negan to think its infected.

Unless that's what they want us to think. Maybe ricks finally at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As much as I'd like to think Kirkman would kill off Rick, there's no one to jump in to his place as a main character... As much as Andrea, Maggie, Carl and Michonne have evolved into characters that deserve the spotlight, none of them could fill Rick's boots. If Tyrese or Abraham were still around, then maybe it could work, but nah I reckon Rick will be grand - why bother have Dwight say anything about the weight of the bolts if it wasn't a clean one.

And was that Holly wanting to leave with Eugene and company? Or is she dead? I thought she was still alive, but I can't remember...

• Advertisement

And was that Holly wanting to leave with Eugene and company? Or is she dead? I thought she was still alive, but I can't remember...

Nevermind. I remember now. Completely forgot about Zombie Holly.

As much as I'd like to think Kirkman would kill off Rick, there's no one to jump in to his place as a main character... As much as Andrea, Maggie, Carl and Michonne have evolved into characters that deserve the spotlight, none of them could fill Rick's boots. If Tyrese or Abraham were still around, then maybe it could work, but nah I reckon Rick will be grand - why bother have Dwight say anything about the weight of the bolts if it wasn't a clean one.

We all know ricks not dead really. I'd just like to think maybe - just maybe - the could contemplate killing him.

We all know ricks not dead really. I'd just like to think maybe - just maybe - the could contemplate killing him.

Maybe one day. We can always dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Ah, just finished All out war, so I can open this thread again now :)

Ah, just finished All out war, so I can open this thread again now :)

Having just finished it what do you think, are they dragging it out too long?

Anyone else see the covers for issues #126, #127 and #128 that have been released? Some possible spoilers below, but mostly speculation.
    No familiar faces on 127 or 128 at all, presumably as they didn't want to say who lives or dies, but seems like a new bunch of characters being introduced, with speculation that the woman who features in both might be a returning character, possibly Lily.

126 is a strange one with Michonne and Carl seeming to be protecting Negan from someone holding Lucille. Possibly not a real frame though and just a collection of characters in a misleading pose.

I read about this here and in related links.

I don't think Carl or Michonne are protecting him, you can see they are 3 different shots.

Saw a lot of places suggest the fact Lucille is being held left handed is a sign it's Rick. I hope so.

When I saw this at the back pages of #123, I had to have it :)

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think Carl or Michonne are protecting him, you can see they are 3 different shots.

Saw a lot of places suggest the fact Lucille is being held left handed is a sign it's Rick. I hope so.

When I saw this at the back pages of #123, I had to have it :)

Ya, looking at it a bit closer, unless Carl has learned to levitate, they are different shots alright! D'oh.

I'm currently reading the newly released Fall of the Governor Part 2, and it is just terribly written, as were all of those other Governor books. It's good to get another side of the whole story, but it'd be better if it written in a less grating fashion.

• Advertisement

Not sure how I'd feel about them moving away from the old group presuming some of them survive the assault. I wonder if Kirkmans thinking of abandoning them as a cliffhanger? Follow a new group for a while before coming back to the old group? Looks like zombies will take centre stage in the future issues which hasn't happened for a long time!

Advertisement