Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Having just finished it what do you think, are they dragging it out too long?

Not at all! I'm loving it, I don't actually want the current arc to end I'm enjoying it so much. I didn't take to Nagans character at first, he seemed much too similar to the Governor, and it was all a little too soon you know? But he's really grow on me, but he's gotta die right? And soon too, like in the next two issues. I'm really gonna miss him when he's gone.

I'm also concerned about where the story goes after here, besides rebuilding and burying/mourning the dead, whats next for TWD to cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

walking-dead-negan-dwight-and-bolts-not-arrows.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just after buying a Kindle there over the weekend...downloaded the first edition (costing a whopping $0.00 ;)) and tempted to get a few more.

What's the optimum/cheapest way to get all the editions? Is there a bulk buy option??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Cartman78 wrote: »

What's the optimum/cheapest way to get all the editions? Is there a bulk buy option??

You can buy volumes, they contain 6 issues each. Not sure if theres a way to buy them in more bulk than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I think for digital editions the volumes are the biggest bulk option.

I'm assuming it's a Kindle fire? Get the comixology app and compare prices on there, I think amazon store might be cheaper but comixology has the odd sale.

Picked up books 1-7 second hand for €60 on sat, delighted :)

• Advertisement

Bad day to forget my tablet :(

maximoose wrote: »
    Bad day to forget my tablet :(

Totally forgot what day it was!

Still getting used to bi-weekly issues!

That's just made my day.

It's finally available, downloading now to read later on. Oh I'm excited now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's up on youtube now.

Forgot I can buy and read from comixology in a plain ol' browser
    Hmmm. So Rick doesn't appear to have the fever that Nicholas does, it looks like the bolt was clean?

Negan seems fairly content at the end of the issue, but it looked like most of his men were wiped out when dazed by the headlights.

• Advertisement

I've had a chance to read it, best issue of the story arc so far! I'm enjoying Negan, it'll be a shame when he's gone. Agree with what you've said maximoose, it'll be good to see the outcome of it all.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just after buying a Kindle there over the weekend...downloaded the first edition (costing a whopping $0.00 ;)) and tempted to get a few more.

You could try these... http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Volume/dp/1607060760/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

First one collects issues 1-48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I have the first two of these up to 96

Handy if you read at home but not so much for on the go!

Looks like the end is nigh for this storyline :)

Was obvious during the closing talks between Rick/Negan that something was off, wasn't sure which side was going to flip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

maximoose wrote: »
    Looks like the end is nigh for this storyline :)

Was obvious during the closing talks between Rick/Negan that something was off, wasn't sure which side was going to flip

I was sure that that shot of Rick's wide eyes full of hope as he describes his vision for the future was going to be immediately followed by Lucille smashing into his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I was convinced Negan was going to strike first.

Fuuuuuuuuuck, just read 125 there :) Man, I was sure Nagens death would involve Lucille coming down on his head, but I guess that would have been too obvious. This issue was great, really didn't want it to end :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wonder where the comics will head from issue 127 onwards...
    Assuming 126 nicely wraps up the whole Negan saga...

Yeah I was sure Negan was feigning agreement, I'm just surprised he didn't attack first. Obviously the communities could never have worked together with Rick & Negan both alive, one of them had to go, and it was never going to be Rick once we found out the bolt was clean.

So I guess the 127 cover is just protecting the outcome of the storyline. Then again, the arc's not over yet...

I honestly don't think Negan is finished....yet! That cut seemd very shallow/small. I have a feeling the next one will start with Negan holding his throat and then, both injured, having a kind of balanced fight while both sides war around them. Great to see Badass Rick again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm hoping Negan was being sarcastic before Rick attacked because it just seemed very unlike him to say all that about what they could achieve together.

Wondering where they can go from here. I don't read any previews or look at future covers in case of spoilers. But after The Governor and Negan they can't really go with the psychopath character again any time soon. But they'll probably have a reason to leave the Hilltop and get back on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't think Negan is dead either.

That image was confusing (to me) or deliberately vague, as the cut on Negan's neck didn't look large enough for his neck being slit and he's dead, but the blood on Rick's knife would suggest otherwise.

I just don't think he is dead yet. There is a bit of fight left in him yet.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I don't think Negan is dead either.

That image was confusing (to me) or deliberately vague, as the cut on Negan's neck didn't look large enough for his neck being slit and he's dead, but the blood on Rick's knife would suggest otherwise.

I just don't think he is dead yet. There is a bit of fight left in him yet.

I wonder was it the knife Jesus brought in to the house with the roamer muck all over it? In which case Negan's dead, but not quite yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I thought Rick deliberately knifed him on that side of the neck as that's where the carotid artery runs, if that gets cut then you're dead.

Danjamin nailed it I think

Not sure if the pic of the knife is showing up, here's a link if not
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Knife1-600x193.png
    Knife1-600x193.png

c8e631bcfb0aae07e6d105c9b99d702ea1476a1a?src=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.comicbook.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2Fnegan-dies-e1397047069361.jpg:preview

Kirkman has said Negan could make it to the tv show. I think he's way too cartoony for the show and also too dark.

A slightly younger Henry Rollins would be my ideal Negan.

1528164236_HenryR1_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

feat-negan.png

Rollins would be perfect, right amount of psycho, he was very good in sons if anarchy.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Rollins would be perfect, right amount of psycho, he was very good in sons if anarchy.

Never seen him in SOA, its just from the first time Negan was introduced he just screamed Rollins, plus when i googled it a few mins ago there are a few other people who seem to agree.

I also found this http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/talking-to-the-walking-dead-panel/

• Advertisement

I definitely wouldn't want Negan in the TV show, they should be two completely different beasts now. Negan doesn't need someone else to interpret him.

Advertisement