Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

5starpool wrote: »
    Well that was an interesting last line in episode 130.
    The dead, they were speaking

Certainly interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a fake-out though.
    Kirkman has been largely uninterested in fleshing out or developing any actual zombie mythology, preferring to simply treat the walking dead as a backdrop for a story of human survival. It would go against form for him to start expanding on the zombie concept now, although on the other hand he's probably running out of material to write about and looking to new avenues for plots anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My understanding was
    When we saw them talking, I assumed it was people who were hiding among or herding the zombies. Even if they were talking, you wouldn't expect them to be able to speak so clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

If the title of the next instalment isn't
    The talking dead, then a real opportunity will have been missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Caught up with this, its just a chore to read now, all the magic is gone. I really dont care what happens next.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well that was a filler episode. Sets a few things up for the last issue in volume 22 though I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

5starpool wrote: »
    Well that was a filler episode. Sets a few things up for the last issue in volume 22 though I guess.

Yeah, it was insanely boring. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have I missed something regarding
    Michonne? Or are we all in the dark about what that line meant

Filler issue. In the letter hacks section they say
    Don't forget, we got two issues coming next month! And the next one's so surprising, you'll be glad the following one isn't so far behind

Hopefully something to smash them out of this boring utopia phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Every time I sit down to read a new issue I seem to get through it even quicker than the last one. I'll stick with it cos it's The Walking Dead but for me it's all about the TV show now.

It has actually come full circle for me as I started reading the comics during Season 2 of the show and I was definitely much more interested in the comic at the time. Now it's the complete opposite. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Anyone still reading?

I've read up to #132 & I don't know what to think. Interesting storyline in the last issue but not sure how I really feel about it. Tempted to stick with it for the sake of it but it's just not doing it for me the last few issues. The prison & Alexandria have been the best storylines so far obviously because of the Governor & Negan.

On another note I'm fully up to date on the video game, it's brilliant, season 2 may have been even better than season 1. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't read it since the 1st issue of the new chapter. Agreed on the game but thought the 1st season was better. That 1st season had a better story arc than any part of the comic or tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Coool new baddies
    was wondering what they where going to do as they had
    done the zombie threat
    done the human baddie threat
    SO they come with this new group thats something in-between

The_Walking_Dead_132-021.png

Are they actually turned? Might have to start reading again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Thargor wrote: »

not physicality turned but mentally they appear to have "turned" or lost it and become something of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

think along the lines of Leatherface

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well that has put me right off....

I was waiting until there was a load to read again after All Out War, but smart/talking Zombies...

Pass.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well that has put me right off....

I was waiting until there was a load to read again after All Out War, but smart/talking Zombies...

Pass.

thats not whats happening....

thats not whats happening....

really....I just jumped to that assumption based on that image above.

Looks like peoples flesh is rotting without them having to die?

Stick whats happening in spoiler tags please (if you wouldn't mind)...

Its answered in the following 2 posts after the image.

Its answered in the following 2 posts after the image.

Thanks, I didn't spot that post.

Might go back reading it again soon so, binge where there is a load of issues.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    really....I just jumped to that assumption based on that image above.

Looks like peoples flesh is rotting without them having to die?

Stick whats happening in spoiler tags please (if you wouldn't mind)...
    in the panels before this one of Dante's companions is stabbed by a "walker", Dante kills the "walker" and notices the corpse looks wrong. He pulls of the "walkers face" and finds a normal person under it. hence why I said "Leatherface" above. The "walkers" arent sentient. Its people in disguise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is the eugune being a bull****ter about the cure a spoiler or is it obvious to tv shows watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I read the comics and I would believe he's got a cure, or at least the idea for a cure after this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Having read the comics up to a point I'm starting to think that they've maybe changed the Eugene cure angle somewhat, how much will remain to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't think so, in the latest tv episode, when asked about it, you can see a small bit of 'oh crap, they're asking me about it again' and then giving a smile after his explanation like he was really happy he was able to think of something so smart. Dude's still a fraud but I'm liking him in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, I think it'll still go the same way and he'll be a fraud in the end. I'm liking him though, even with his silly mullet.

(What an episode btw!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The whole Eugene reveal in the comics was a big moment and it'll be the same for the TV series

Not a hope in hell of them changing Eugene to an actual scientist with the cure.

Just remembered that God-awful CDC plotline from earlier seasons, surprised that didnt kill the show tbh, talking female computer and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Non comic reader here. Was suspicious of Eugene the moment he opened his mouth last year. Guessed he was spinning his crew the cure spiel to keep himself protected. Pretty much confirmed in the new season when his answers to the questions about the cure were so generic/non specific. Felt safe popping my head in here as either my suspicions would be confirmed or it'd turn out he was genuine which I don't care about anyway as it's not a storyline I really care about. Also felt safe as I'd already had the batty character death spoiled for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

So these new baddies are a bit creepy, eh? Although I don't know what to make of them somehow taking out almost all of the lads on horseback. You'd imagine they'd be keeping an eye out for dead-looking people coming at them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I was pretty sure that Eugene was full of sh!t about having a magic cure. What happens to him in the comics when everyone else finds out? Do they give him an ass whooping?

Advertisement