Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

A Neurotic wrote: »
    So these new baddies are a bit creepy, eh? Although I don't know what to make of them somehow taking out almost all of the lads on horseback. You'd imagine they'd be keeping an eye out for dead-looking people coming at them.

True, but I guess if the guys in the skin suits don't actually move like the zombies they could sneak up easier & get in quicker. It did seem a bit easy though.

Anyone still reading?

I'm sticking with it, thought the last issue was pretty good.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to Carl in the new civilised society they have considering he may have killed those two kids. Had a feeling he'd be back with something in hand as soon as he went running.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Anyone still reading?

I'm sticking with it, thought the last issue was pretty good.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to Carl in the new civilised society they have considering he may have killed those two kids. Had a feeling he'd be back with something in hand as soon as he went running.

I guess there will have to be a trial in the new society with jails and so on, and it'll raise the question of everyone being equal or not in the new society like Rick generally professes although in truth there was more than an element of self defence to it in, at least at the start.

Given the beating it showed him giving them with Sofia begging him to stop I'd be surprised if at least one of them aren't dead, but who knows.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what happens, they've explored the whole "You kill, you die" concept before but they seem to have a crime & punishments system established given Negans situation.

Still no sign of Michonne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Or Zeke or Dwight....somethings gone on there....interesting to see it revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

When each month do the new editions come out?

gubbie wrote: »
    When each month do the new editions come out?

Usually around the 10th or so, second Wednesday of the month I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So now we're gonna have trouble in the settlement and then looks like the girl's gonna try to convince Carl to join/help her.

What did Maggie get so worked up about and dragging Jesus away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So now we're gonna have trouble in the settlement and then looks like the girl's gonna try to convince Carl to join/help her.

What did Maggie get so worked up about and dragging Jesus away?

Jesus holding the walker face and mentioning "talking walkers" confirms what Marco was ranting about after returning to the Hilltop about walkers whispering.

Hmmm, the comics seem to be moving towards another fight with an external group that might see them leave their well established homes. Either that or else they will come to some mutual agreement with this new lot and they might join together effectively, although it might be hard to reconcile Rick's groups way of life with the 'kill and ask questions later' way of the zombie mask people.

I wonder how many of them there are? If they are contemplating rescuing the girl there must be a few of them, and the 'leave no one behind' ting might be a common ground I guess. Hopefully it won't just turn into another large scrap with the same rebuild or move on outcome as the last few wars.

• Advertisement

Haven't read the new one yet but i presume there's still no sign of Michonne?

In answer to the above.
    Nope.

Hmmm, Carl losing his virginity. Does that mean that he may actually die now perhaps? I know Jesus caught Maggie after her drugging, but I reckon the serious sh1t will go down when the outside group attack.

5starpool wrote: »
    Hmmm, Carl losing his virginity. Does that mean that he may actually die now perhaps? I know Jesus caught Maggie after her drugging, but I reckon the serious sh1t will go down when the outside group attack.

I dunno, I don't think they'll kill Carl (yet), seems like they're setting him up as the way forward for the story. I reckon they'll have a love triangle storyline throughout the assault on the community between Carl, Lydia and Sophia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Carl/Lydia has a Romeo & Juliet feel to it, two feuding houses, forbidden love. Could end the same way

I dunno, I don't think they'll kill Carl (yet), seems like they're setting him up as the way forward for the story. I reckon they'll have a love triangle storyline throughout the assault on the community between Carl, Lydia and Sophia.

It's been a while since anyone 'important' died so I think it's a real possibility, although I think it's still not very likely. It would kick off a real cycle of events though with Rick especially. I don't think Maggie will die though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I don't think Maggie will die either, poison usually means there is a good chance of being saved.

Carl is no longer 'pure' going by horror rules so he is on the table of characters who can be killed off, but I think that in the current set up it makes more sense for Rick to be killed off. It has constantly been highlighted that in this world you need to be strong to survive and when I first seen him after the jump forward he just looked old and weak with the missing hand and effects of Dwight's bolt. I don't think either will be killed off soon though there is a lot of story left between them.

I think the Carl/Lydia/Sophia/girl who flashed him storyline will come to a head at the fair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If Maggie dies cue Carl on a killing spree to set him up as badass #1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Good read this week!

So the Maggie poisoning was a bit of an anti climax, but I'm liking the story at the minute. Be interesting to see what Carl is going to do when he finds the Whisperer's camp! For a minute when Maggie was trading Lydia, I remembered that cover preview of Negan's cell being opened and thought we were gonna see Carl appear with Negan by side ready to fight - but it seems that's #141 so still a while away. Really curious to see what brings that about now.

What happened to the new arrivals? They seem to have blended in to the population so well that they've disappeared!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Different camp - there in Alex with Rick

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Different camp - there in Alex with Rick

Ah you're right, forgot about that. Thought it was Maggie they confronted in the house but it was Andrea. Damn location changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »

At last

I'm re-reading the series at the moment and something really small is bothering me - none of them know what date it is. All the cars they've driven, houses they've been in, shops they've scavenged and they haven't come across a single clock/watch that has the ability to tell the date? Small point but an annoying one all the same.

Stuff below based on the June 2015 issue #142.

OK, so it looks like things are unravelling a bit for them now after Maggie hanged the old leader who tried to kill her (name escapes me at the minute) and with Rick/Michonne/Andrea going to look for Carl that'll probably stir up trouble though. I wonder will the leader of the whisperers who has shown up at the fair think that Rick's crowd will be easy pickings for their large group, or perhaps she might think that they are worth making proper contact and peace with given how they have rebuilt a more normal community.

I'm guessing Negan will come to the fore again soon though and actually play an important role helping them to defend themselves and do what needs to be done, probably against the whisperers I'd imagine, as they are not going to introduce that new large group and have them ultimately be benign.

Stuff below based on the June 2015 issue #142.

OK, so it looks like things are unravelling a bit for them now after Maggie hanged the old leader who tried to kill her (name escapes me at the minute) and with Rick/Michonne/Andrea going to look for Carl that'll probably stir up trouble though. I wonder will the leader of the whisperers who has shown up at the fair think that Rick's crowd will be easy pickings for their large group, or perhaps she might think that they are worth making proper contact and peace with given how they have rebuilt a more normal community.

I'm guessing Negan will come to the fore again soon though and actually play an important role helping them to defend themselves and do what needs to be done, probably against the whisperers I'd imagine, as they are not going to introduce that new large group and have them ultimately be benign.

I think his name was Gregory. He was a sloppy character anyway, never really liked him.

Negan needs to come back in to it, I thought they dragged out the initial Negan storyline way too long, but I miss his antics in the comic now!

Gregory, that's it. I'm awful with names.

Ya, if Negan wasn't coming back into it in a more meaningful way than sitting in a cell for years he would have been killed off. He's far from done as a storyline I reckon. Either he'll end up redeemed (somewhat at least) or else he'll revert to type after getting free and take back control of the Saviours somehow.

Gregory, that's it. I'm awful with names.

Ya, if Negan wasn't coming back into it in a more meaningful way than sitting in a cell for years he would have been killed off. He's far from done as a storyline I reckon. Either he'll end up redeemed (somewhat at least) or else he'll revert to type after getting free and take back control of the Saviours somehow.

Ha I'm not sure I want to see a redeemed version of Negan, he was great the way he was!

• Advertisement

Ha I'm not sure I want to see a redeemed version of Negan, he was great the way he was!

He was, but there is only so long a psychpathic, barb-wire-bat-wielding maniac will last in these things. If he goes straight back into old Negan he'll last 1 more story arc.

I wonder are we in for the ultimate TWD plot twist of killing Rick off which might lead the way for Negan to do things his way with the entire group? Unlikely, but would be a hell of a direction to go in. Rick with his 1 hand and gammy leg isn't that much of a physical asset anymore anyhow. There are only so many times you can introduce new groups who they have a war against. We haven't actually seen anyone in real peril from a walker in a while either.

Advertisement