Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone watch the new True Detective? Bloke in it looks like he'd be perfect to play Ezekiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Just read the latest issue...holy mother of god!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

There will be some revenge had now!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I don't know how they're going to do it but this HAS to somehow tie in with Negans release? Are we looking at some form of brutal collaboration? Surely Negan cannot be ignored!!

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Lucille? I'd love to see a full page Negan/Lucille reconciliation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    I don't know how they're going to do it but this HAS to somehow tie in with Negans release? Are we looking at some form of brutal collaboration? Surely Negan cannot be ignored!!

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Lucille? I'd love to see a full page Negan/Lucille reconciliation!
    I think Dwight has Lucille. She is definitely still around. My guess Negan's hatred of rape and the fact Alpha allowed her own daughter be raped repeatedly would give Negan the urge to help wipe the Whisperers/rapists out. Negan would hate them even more than he hates Rick. Alpha would be a common enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That was great.

I wonder how Michonne will react to that. And poor Eugene :pac:

Interesting in the Letter Hacks, they announced Telltale are doing a 3-episode game based on Michonne's time away - Was announced at E3 but I missed it apparently, looking forward to that.

I think Dwight has Lucille. She is definitely still around. My guess Negan's hatred of rape and the fact Alpha allowed her own daughter be raped repeatedly would give Negan the urge to help wipe the Whisperers/rapists out. Negan would hate them even more than he hates Rick. Alpha would be a common enemy.

I agree totally. Surely the only reason Negan was kept around is that at some stage Rick would be forced to accept his help in dealing with something. Maybe when they deal with this common enemy Negan can go back to being a figure of hate for Rick. My own personal view is that at some point
    Negan will save Carl's life and Rick will be indebted to him, which would be a serious mindf*** for him
    !

I'm still taking in what happened in that issue...can't get my head around it at all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

So, nothing really happened in 145. Weird episode.

So, nothing really happened in 145. Weird episode.

Yeah there's more & more issues like that over the last year or so, and they always end with the letters section where Sean & Robert are commenting saying "Oh man, there's so many big things coming, wait til you see what we have in store for you..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Looks like Rick is ****ed. In one comic, he has confessed to finally being happy, and the last thing he said to his son as he left was I love you. Is this not what happens right before you get killed off?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Looks like Rick is ****ed. In one comic, he has confessed to finally being happy, and the last thing he said to his son as he left was I love you. Is this not what happens right before you get killed off?

It's between death or a tragedy that will completely mess him up for awhile.

Death would.make more sense though.

Ah I don't know, they seem to have decided a while ago that Rick is invincible. Carl could be a goner though. Or Andrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ah I don't know, they seem to have decided a while ago that Rick is invincible. Carl could be a goner though. Or Andrea.

It could be Rick, but i think him and Negan will have a mutual respect / we need each other moment before that happens

I don't think Rick cares if it was Andrea, he would be upset but I don't think it would be the dramatic death needed to move the story in a certain direction. Carl's death would kill him as a character so if he is invincible, that would be too much. Michonne would really f him up.

Andrea for safety, Michonne for a real head bender.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Will episode 150 have a big death in it like Glenn in 100 or is that too predictable? I said a while back that they might take the ultimate swerve of killing Rick off and maybe Negan steps in to take over but in a more measured way than he was in the past. I don't think they would go that way, or if they did Negan would be dead before too long, but it would be something very different anyhow.

I went back to the start of the Alexandria story arc and making my way through them, partially because I've forgotten what happens, and partially because I want to see how close the current TV arc stays to the comics, but it's funny how small Carl is in the comics at this point. Rick says it was about 14 months (he thinks) since the start of the outbreak by the time they get to Alexandria, which obviously the TV Carl couldn't replicate in terms of aging.

Issue 148 last page

Not surprising really. I assume it will backfire in some way, but he's too good a character to waste in jail. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I think fans are hoping for his redemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My wife got me compendium 3 for Christmas so I got through it over the weekend.

Best so far imho.

Really like Negen and Im hoping that a big character suffers the same fate as Glenn.

The whisperers I'm not too sure about. On one hand it's cool that they could be anywhere and unseen, on the other I don't get how they managed to lure so many people out to do away with them given the timeline followed in the comic with the fair and the length of time Rick and Coral were in their clutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Issue #150
    Well that was rubbish anyway. Was expecting something big to go down, but don't think Rick killing in a zombie like manner really qualifies. Is it my imagination or has he killed like that before? Have a vague recollection he killed like that during the prison arc.

Really need Negan to get out of that cell to liven it up a bit.

• Advertisement

He killed someone like that in the TV show anyhow when him and Carl were captured by the Claimers that found Daryl. I can't remember if he did something similar in the comics though. I'm not sure why the dude he killed this episode didn't come back and eat him though, didn't look like he could have defended himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He did in the comic first also to stop
    Karl being raped
    because I remember the thread here at the time, people were waiting for it in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Decent episode (#151) after the hyped and big let down of "milestone issue" #150
    The voice on the radio the comic is copying the Tv show now

Decent episode (#151) after the hyped and big let down of "milestone issue" #150
    The voice on the radio the comic is copying the Tv show now

I have an awful memory for these details. When did something like this happen in the tv show?

5starpool wrote: »
    I have an awful memory for these details. When did something like this happen in the tv show?

(1) When they heard Terminus Broadcast on the car radio in Season 4a.
    also
    (2) When Eugene cried "help" on walking talkie Season 6a(sort of)? ;)

Ah ya I remember both of those, was wondering if I forgot anything else. Interesting to see if they have some other group nearby that they don't know about (which I'd be sceptical of) as the range of the radio can't be great surely, or if they are going to have a group from far away with some potentially exciting thing they have to be cautious of believing again.

Sadly it's probably someone at the bloody hilltop or some crap though.

On a good note, it looks like Rick is very close to letting Negan out, so I don't think it'll be long. Surely he won't ask him to go back and take over his old group again or to take over the training of the army? That would be mental.

I presumed it is either them talking to themselves (another group that they are already linked too), Eugene has lost it and is talking to himself, or the whisperers are clever but then again the mother had walked around and seen the place so that would be unnecessary.

I suppose the fact that is coming across on a ham radio, seems to me that it should be someone near enough, at best a few miles away but realistically, within a 3 mile radius.

Is there anyone left reading the comic or what? :pac:

Great to see Negan back on the loose and doing what he does best...killing with a smile on his face! Interesting to see how be approaches the Whisperers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was just wondering why I stopped today, the last thing I read was Rick cutting Negans throat, can someone tell me what number that was please?

Advertisement