Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

125 it seems. Here is the summary for that episode.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_125

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Bought this and read it earlier, it's a cool little spin-off story, the first time Kirkman has let someone else play in his zombie-filled sandpit. Good story, superb artwork. And you can pay whatever the hell you want for it!

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/the-walking-dead-the-alien-is-out-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Is anyone still reading? I've stuck with it & I'm enjoying Negan back in the spotlight, he's definitely the best character they've had in the comic. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him now the Saviours are rejecting the community since Dwight left.

Ya, still reading. Hard to know where they'll go with it though. I assume Rick or Carl's life will be in real danger, but I can't see either of them dying though. Probably not Michonne or Andrea either, although one of them or Jesus is a possibility I reckon. Negan simply can't die yet either or it'll be so underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Negan is more interesting than Rick, so although it's probably not going to happen Negan killing Rick and then taking over - with the turmoil that would cause internally - would be great from my POV. As I'm finding Rick boring now.

I never saw Alpha getting her head cut off coming either, but despite the 'Whisperer War' I reckon the real danger lurks at the other end of the radio!

• Advertisement

They've opened the door for him to rejoin the Saviours but that might be too obvious. Unless they went down the line of Negan facing off against them to retake control. Maybe they could become a threat to Rick et al & that's the next war with Negan on Rick's side this time? Who knows. You could definitely have an offshoot comic just following Negan, he's that good a character.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to the TV show coming back to see what they do with him in it, and also to see who was the victim after that godawful cliffhanger finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I was a bit upset at the way they offed Gabriel. I think he was starting to develop into somewhat of a more interesting character, and the religious background could have been used to show his conflict between what he must do as a survivor and his questions of WWJD a lot in the future. It was even by TWD standards a pretty gruesome departure though.

Really looking forward to Negan v Beta in the next issue. Not that here is pretty much any doubt in this case but that Beta's name soon will be mud.

I agree with Okon that the looming biggest bad is Eugene's ham radio girl from Ohio. I think this was very much foreshown by their response when Eugene revealed their (I mean Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom and Saviors combined) numbers to them.

The radio conversation will likely result in yet another threat against a different group, but I think the next way the arc should go is to somewhere with more hope and a glimmer of civilisation outside of the area they know. I think if it turned out that the Ohio people (or wherever they actually might be) are another group that will threaten them, it'll just become another in the series of meeting ever more powerful groups to defeat, of which the latest are the whisperers.

It is like a 90's computer game nearly with harder bosses at the end of every level. I'd love to see it take a very different twist in some other direction, and this Ohio group be part of a much larger equivalent of what they have already with their different settlements, and somehow they get involved in that. It's probably unlikely there are many big settlements around, and the conversation to date doesn't feel like it will be that, but it'd be better than some other big mean group who want to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So, I'm enjoying the Whisperers arc (also, R.I.P Lucille), but I do agree with the post above. The bit between the war with The Saviors and The Whisperers was actually a nice change of pace, showed that it can be more than just constant threats. I feel like the radio won't lead to a conflict, but maybe the survivors of both settlements banding together to make the area between them and around them safe from Walkers and properly rebuild (and with someone like Eugene, that is possible). I think that would be way nicer then just another war where, once again, Rick's group face overwhelming odds and somehow come out on top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that would be an incredibly boring storyline to write and maintain interest in though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha, you would probably have to rename the series then when the walkers are out of the picture!!

Ha, you would probably have to rename the series then when the walkers are out of the picture!!

I dunno, didn't (a battered and cut-up) Rick once claim "we are the walking dead" at the end of an early issue?! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just caught up with the last few issues finally. Dwight is a bad ass, have to say, he seems to be the new Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what'd you think of the Whisperer War? Thought it pretty much fizzled out, though looks like the aftermath might have more fallout. They're really teasing a charcater death though don't see it happening.

Yeah I kinda feel like they're just going through the motions. The teased a few deaths in that last issue but didn't follow through

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Delighted with Gabriel, gruesome death, too right for him. I have to say, I thought Negan was annoying as hell, just too cartoonist but he has become my favourite character, had me laughing at most of his panels and seems to be the only one making good decisions.

So in issue 165 it looks like Andrea is going to die unless it turns out it was a bullet wound or something. I thought they were building up Eugene to be the next big death, didn't see it coming for Andrea though. It'll be interesting to see Rick's reaction to it all, but it was about time something big like that happened I reckon.

5starpool wrote: »
    So in issue 165 it looks like Andrea is going to die unless it turns out it was a bullet wound or something. I thought they were building up Eugene to be the next big death, didn't see it coming for Andrea though. It'll be interesting to see Rick's reaction to it all, but it was about time something big like that happened I reckon.

A big main character death is long overdue, they teased Rick in 165 til Negan saved him a couple times. Between Rick, Carl, Maggie, Michonne, Eugene, Andrea and even Jesus there's a few to choose from. Looks like it could be Andrea but who knows, I didn't think of a bullet but I'l have another look at the panel later. Looked like a bite to me! Negan is brilliant either way, love the one way conversations he's having with Rick!

Personally, I think Rick needs to die. Negan or Michonne taking over would change the dynamic big time, (in different ways obviously) TWD comic is getting a bit stale for me at the mo. 25c issues and variant covers might push up the sales in the US, but the plot has been sagging of late. The Andrea thing is only a plaster over the cut, Rick needs to go.

Think I might be done. No great desire to get the newest issue & see what's happening. Could change my mind later in the week but just not that interested right now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement