Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fees from Nov 19, query re standing orders

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭

I see from the schedule of fees for current accounts effective Nov 19th and available here ....

http://www.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/120121023web-version-fees-and-charges-final.pdf

that on p.10 it says under the heading of 'Account Transfers under Standing Instruction' that monthly SOs will cost €6.35 per quarter.

In plain English, does that mean that all of my existing monthly standing orders are now going to cost €2.12 each and not the 28c transaction fee that most other transactions will cost?

If I sign up to pay €11.40 per quarter to cover transaction fees, will that exclude standing orders so that monthly standing orders will cost €6.35 p.q. regardless of what scheme you are on to cover transaction fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi coylemj,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've answered this previously in another thread.
    A standing instruction and a standing order are two separate types of transactions.
    are you taking that from?:
    monthly:€6.35 per quarter
    weekly:€19.05 per quarter
    daily:€76.15 per quarter

The fees above refer to a standing instruction. This is a specific instruction from a customer to do a complete sweep of funds from their account to another on a weekly, monthly or a quarterly basis, leaving the account balance at zero.

A standing order is an instruction made to the bank to pay a set amount at regular intervals to another account. The charge for a standing order is 28c.

If you are signed up for the Flat Fee option of €11.40 per quarter, standing orders will be included when your account transactions are calculated.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement