Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and Safety Work in canada

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a degree in Health and Safety with a years experience and was wondering if there is much work available in my field in Canada. Would it be worth going with only a years experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

there are plenty of H&S positions here in Alberta particularly, I have some friends in H&S roles, you should walk into a position here as the two people I know here were a hairdresser & a bookkeeper before getting their H&S positions. They are being trained on the job and doing courses here & there as in Alberta most H&S jobs are in oil & gas so the training is very specific to that field.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

kiwijbob wrote: »
    there are plenty of H&S positions here in Alberta particularly, I have some friends in H&S roles, you should walk into a position here as the two people I know here were a hairdresser & a bookkeeper before getting their H&S positions. They are being trained on the job and doing courses here & there as in Alberta most H&S jobs are in oil & gas so the training is very specific to that field.

good luck

Hi, any links on where to look please?:) we are in Calgary and my wife is having a hard time getting into the that field! Thanks

Advertisement