Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL2+

Options
  • 19-11-2012 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

My local exchange was upgraded to ADSL2+ a few days ago and the router is synching at 20Mb/768

I'm using a silver motorola router and the max DL speed I'm getting is around 10MB, around 1.2Mb/s

We were previously on the 7Mb package.

Do we need to to upgrade the router to attain the full possible speeds? Do we need to pay extra money to get closer to full speeds? Or is 10MB the max connection that the exchange provides?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi nuxxx

I have had a look into this for you with our technical support team and they have advised me that your modem does not need a firmware upgrade but they have made a few modifications. There are still a few things we would like you to do:

Please reset the modem (by pressing on the small button located in the pinhole at the back of modem) and run a test again and note the speeds.

If the test does not show any improvement please run another speed test after attaching the modem directly to the socket (removing any possible phone attached) and attach your PC to the modem via Ethernet cable. If the speeds improve after taking these steps then we are looking at a wireless issue.

Also, Please log into your modem to see how many devices are working from the modem as this may also be slowing it up.

Broadband technical support has created a case for you and the reference number is "4825567". If issues persist they have asked me to advise you to contact them on 1890260260, really hope this helps.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hi Alan thanks for the reply

I'm abit lost what happened, was the exchange upgraded to NGB? Are we upgraded from 7Mb to 20Mb for free?

I will run though the steps this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi nuxxx

Your exchange was indeed upgraded to NGB on the 14/11/2012 and as you were on home advanced you have been upgraded to the next generation ultimate of "up to" 24mb (depending on what your line can hold) as these packages are the same price.

Regards

Al

Advertisement