Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various problems - wrong price plan, delay in connection, direct debit not set up...

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am quite frustrated at how my switch over to electric ireland has gone over the last few months:

Background: I switched after purchasing my house to the dualsaver plan for electricity and gas. However EI then delayed the gas switch by 3-4 months and after multiple phone calls trying to resolve the issue I have only just started getting the gas from EI.

Problems:

1. I have just discovered I am not on the dualsaver price plan for either my electricity or gas - thus I have been over billed for my electricity price for the past few months (when I should have been getting a 14% discount for electricity and 6% discount for my gas).

2. My gas direct debit has not been set up - which makes no sense as my electricity direct debit is set up and I switched to EI on a dualsaver plan. In fact on my current gas bill it states I have arrears on my account - I had assumed that the direct debit would have paid this automatically when I set up my account with EI 6 months ago. This also means that I did not get any direct debit discount on top of what was due to me from the dualsaver discount.

3. I had been getting mail sent to my address, with my name but a different property being billed for (which raises legal issues but I was able to sort out after multiple phone calls to EI customer service).

I am really very angry that it has been more than half a year now after I switched to EI and they still have issues with billing and plans.

I have tried phone calls before but it seems like they are only partially effective in solving my problem. I just want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Thirdfox,

Sorry to read that you are having an unhappy customer experience.

Do private message me one of your Electric Ireland account numbers and your name/address in full as they appear on your account, as well as your date of birth. Once I have those details, I will commence investigation immediately.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Query resolved for Thirdfox.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Can confirm that the query was resolved (hopefully!)

Una was very good in responding to queries and I'll be sure to use this avenue to solve any issues I may have in the future.

Kind regards,

Third

Advertisement