Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees....this week???

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Just wondering are any Christmas trees going up this week ???
    Iv been saying all along 24th or 25th Nov but now I think I'm gonna cave in and have it up by Wednesday :)
    Iv seen a few up around the town already which isn't helping my willpower (or lack of it) lol

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just wondering are any Christmas trees going up this week ???
    Iv been saying all along 24th or 25th Nov but now I think I'm gonna cave in and have it up by Wednesday :)
    Iv seen a few up around the town already which isn't helping my willpower (or lack of it) lol

Each to their own, personally I'm going to wait until the following week so I don't get bored of seeing it up :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine is going up this weekend- I cannot wait!! :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We're putting up our Christmas tree in work on Thursday! :eek: My work colleague (and friend) is american and we all thought that Thanksgiving was the29th November (cos Thanksgiving is when we usually put it up in work) but then we realised today that Thanksgiving is actually this Thursday :o so we have to put it up Thursday - it's tradition!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Next Weekend for us. The mother went to visit her Sister in Perth Australia back on the 27th of August. I dropped her to Dublin Airport and in the car on the way there, she asked me could I put the Tree and decorations up early in our house for when she came back on the 27th of November. I laughed and said of course as its only a few days early for us tbh but I thought it was gas that she was thinking so far ahead and it was still Summer when she asked me.

Can't bloody believe its nearly time now!! :D How time flies!

Its going to be some shock to her system. Coming from the height of Summer over there where its 35º, BBQ's, picnics in the park, Sunbathing on the beach, glass of wine on the back porch watching the sunset wearing shorts and t-Shirt
    >3 or 4º, frost, dark at 4:30, frosty breath and CHRISTMAS TREES popping up everywhere!!! :D

Can you imagine if we got the snow on the 27th of November like we did in 2010 and she came home from the height of an aussie summer to a winter wonderland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Mini real christmas trees in Superquinn for sale :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Eeekkk!!!! Mine is going up on Sunday!!! I cannae wait!!!!

I've seen pictures on Facebook of other peoples so I'm certainly not the first. Tradition is that it goes up on the day they turn on the lights on the tree in O'Connell Street, Dublin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

The one on O'Connell street is up.... and it's REAL again! No more nasty white metal with multicolour LEDs, a real live green christmas tree :):):)

Advertisement