Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using the Internet for Getting Business

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

martinn123 wrote: »
    thanks for that @peterdalkey

No I am taking in all the comments being made, good and otherwise, and my thanks to all who took the time to post.

Its not that I am looking for a majic cure, more that i have too much time on my hands to persue, anything that might help, meanwhile I am also addressing the very valid points made

Oh, and I keep playing Lotto as well.

Lotto is good! But I can't resist the cheap shot you just opened up:D. Sitting on your ass in the office playing with the computer ain't going to do it! Sorry, simply too hard to pass up!

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I was driving through Dublin today and noticed a jeep puling a trailer, the trailer was like a house 4 sides and a roof but each side was a different window / door. It was advertising a window company. Is there a way you could purchase a small trailer base and build a small conservatory onto it and drive it to locations advertising your company. Any events that were on you could book a slot and just arrive with your trailer.

Like I mentioned in a previous tread I have gotten great results from advertising trailers and this could be one way of taking it to another step.

I understand that the site your on is well established and known for conservatories but I have lived most of my life on the northside and I have no idea where does conservatories, if I want a conservatory I will take out my laptop and start googling. A lot of young people use internet for everything, its very handy and you can see samples and compare companies with just a few clicks. Investing in a quality website can pay off long term. I understand this is not what you asked but in todays world you need a high quality website displaying high quality samples of your work. If you had a high quality website you could have before and after pictures and even a short video or two of your show area showing the different samples you have and a video of some of your completed work showing inside and out. A high quality website will make genuine people want to go to your physical location. Have you checked out your competitors? What are they doing, What is there website like and how do they compare to yours?

I dont have any conections to web builders or designers but I do know the importance a good quality website can have on your business. Just even consider looking into a good website before knocking the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I really don't know why people make comments, without actually reading what I actually said.

I have taken on board all the suggestions regarding the Web-Site and will take steps as funds allow to rectify that.

I have never dismissed the comments, and in fact I constantly thanked people for taking the time to post a comment.

So to suggest,
    Just even consider looking into a good website before knocking the idea.

shows that contributor has not read my posts, but thanks anyway.

@peterdalkey, yes I left myself open on that one....nice cheap shot....

the trailer idea, is also a good one, again I will do some research on that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I have read all your comments and everyone elses comments and I just feel that everytime someone suggest you invest in your website you completely knock the idea or brush it off by saying I will in the future. You came on here looking for advise and people have given you some good feedback but I get the impression it wasn't what you wanted to hear so your just brushing the idea off.

All the best with your business.

No it's not that at all,

this is a quiet time in this business, it does not really pick up from now till Feb/March, so funds are not just tight, but absent.

So I have taken all the ideas on board, and will address the issues AS FUNDS ALLOW.
    I think that's the third time I said that

many thanks for your good wishes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

martinn123 wrote: »
    The first Rule, that the only way to sell, is to visit a home, design a conservatory to suit the location, and present the design, price etc at the home

Second Rule, is never to indicate a price before visiting the home, everyones house is different

Two Examples
    I gave an indication of a price for a 12 x 12 at 16k-18K, but on arrival at the house discovered 4/5 steps down from the back door to the garden, when I added in the cost of building up, i was met with '' but you told me it was 16K''

Today i spoke to a lady, who was angling for a price, eventually she told me she lived in a mid-terrace house with no back gate. so how do I get the Conservatory, in, and all the excavation material out.....Through the house in a wheelbarrow.........Price that, or hire a crane.

You are talking about quotes, I'm talking about price indications so that I can move closer to making a purchase decision. Eg. Range X typically costs between A and B, depending on complications like: access, site condition, etc...
    I have read all your comments and everyone elses comments and I just feel that everytime someone suggest you invest in your website you completely knock the idea or brush it off by saying I will in the future. You came on here looking for advise and people have given you some good feedback but I get the impression it wasn't what you wanted to hear so your just brushing the idea off.
    I'm sensing this a bit too with excuses being made to not consider suggested solutions more.

Good luck

tricky D wrote: »
    You are talking about quotes, I'm talking about price indications so that I can move closer to making a purchase decision. Eg. Range X typically costs between A and B, depending on complications like: access, site condition, etc...

Sorry, but you do not understand, there is not a range on Conservatories, between A + B, there is a custom designed Conservatory for that location only, it's not a range of cars 1300cc 1600cc 1800cc etc. Everyone's house is different, even with an estate, North/South facing, etc etc, but I am getting nowhere here, you wont make a purchasing decision until you have all the facts, and I have calculated all the price variables.
    I'm sensing this a bit too with excuses being made to not consider suggested solutions more.

Good luck

For the last time I have disregarded none of the suggestions made, and have thanked those who contributed.

I am beginning to wonder how many contributors work in IT.

So My FINAL thanks to you all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I think this thread has run its course - the OP has been given feedback and suggestions and at this point its up to him to act on it or not as the case may be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement