Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Vehicle- Buy or Lease

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

The car I use for my business has just died and needs replacing. This car was personally owned with petrol expenses etc paid from my business.

For my next car is it best to lease/hire purchase and put through the business? I presume there may be tax reasons to do this as well as spreading the cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

There are lots of variables to this as to why and why not.

Ask your accountant to go through with them, as i may leave out some..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There are lots of variables to this as to why and why not.

Ask your accountant to go through with them, as i may leave out some..

They mainly relate to the tax efficiency and depend on business versus private mileage mix, BIK and the cost and type of vehicle, even your company structure could have a part to play! A real minefield that needs evaluation based on your actual personal situation to make the best choice.

The Apprentice is spot on recommending doing the exercise with your accountant.

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement