Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor DSL Speed

• 19-11-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hey Gang, looking for some help/advice on a number of issues so apologies in advance, currently with Vodafone for broadand and calls etc., ongoing problem with poor DSL sync, after several calls, several weeks and a lot of time, seems my old Zyxel modem and a cable we're causing the problems, I've an old netgear model I took home from work and its syncing ok but with poor speeds (bear in mind I only get 2mb at best) Anyone recommend a DSL modem that might be better than the netgear?

Also being 4.9km from the exchange whats the best speed I can expect, was half considering a switch back to eircom as there rates are on a par with vodafone now, will I get a better broadband service from them?

any advice appreciated

Advertisement