Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile breach IPSO direct debit scheme rules with up to 150 customers..

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up regarding how emobile have conducted themselves recently.
    I am a pay monthly customer & as well as my regular monthly tarriff being direct debited from my account in early October, emobile decided to take another larger amount without any authorisation from or notice given to me.

This stems from an admitted emobile cock-up where their credit control department knowingly decided to take money from approximately 150 customers' accounts without notifying them in advance or issuing any invoices.

Anyone else affected should contact IPSO & lodge a complaint as well as contacting ComReg.

The sickening thing is despite numerous calls from me to emobile regarding this issue, NOT ONCE has anyone from emobile contacted me, despite all the promises of "yes, someone will call you to resolve this".
    Terrible, terrible, terrible service from emobile.

I have now initiated formal complaints in writing with the relevant organisations.
    If I ever do hear from anyone at emobile (which seems unlikely!), I'll update the thread.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Kramer wrote: »
    Just a heads up regarding how emobile have conducted themselves recently.
    I am a pay monthly customer & as well as my regular monthly tarriff being direct debited from my account in early October, emobile decided to take another larger amount without any authorisation from or notice given to me.

This stems from an admitted emobile cock-up where their credit control department knowingly decided to take money from approximately 150 customers' accounts without notifying them in advance or issuing any invoices.

Anyone else affected should contact IPSO & lodge a complaint as well as contacting ComReg.

The sickening thing is despite numerous calls from me to emobile regarding this issue, NOT ONCE has anyone from emobile contacted me, despite all the promises of "yes, someone will call you to resolve this".
    Terrible, terrible, terrible service from emobile.

I have now initiated formal complaints in writing with the relevant organisations.
    If I ever do hear from anyone at emobile (which seems unlikely!), I'll update the thread.

Hi Kramer;
    First of all, my apologies that you have not received a call back. You should certainly have received a follow up call on this issue, as promised. If you PM me your mobile number and pin I will chase up both issues for you. ( 1.debited tariff and 2. The lack of call back.)
    Again my apologies and I promise that I will be back with full explanation as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This happened to me too.
    My wifes phone is on my account, we have 2 phones on the account and also pay monthly.
    All of a sudden money was taken from my account without my knowledge until i got my usual bill in the post.
    When i rang about this i was told it was for a new phone my wife got.
    The fact is her contract was coming to an end and emobile rang her to tempt her to stay with them.
    Initially she had decided to go with another provider as they offer reduced rates through her work.
    Eventually she took the offer from emobile and got her new phone which we were told would cost her €70 , this was never taken from my account until recently but it was a much larger amount.
    I have rang a few times,i was told it was an error that we got the phone for €70 [which is BS because the phone is not a very expensive one at all] been left on hold while the operator goes to talk to manager,this has happened a few times, eventually i was told the manager would ring me directly, over a month later i have heard nothing.

Ill be honest i did not follow this up because i am so sick of dealing with eircom over many many years,i just couldnt face it anymore.
    I have well documented my issues on here in the past and ONLY through this message board have I ever got anything done thanks to the reps on here.
    If there is anyyhing you can do to help id appreciate it, please dont ask me to ring support again :(

Apologies to the OP,i dont mean to take over your thread,its just when i saw a similar issue i just had to get my word in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

No problem Dcully. There's 150 odd unfortunate emobile customers out there who have been wronged. Emobile knowingly broke the rules here & other prospective customers should be aware of what this company did.

It wasn't an isolated incident but a deliberate act on their behalf affecting 150 odd customers. Taking money from peoples' accounts without any notice or advanced invoices :rolleyes:.

IPSO have been in touch with me twice already regarding this but guess what........still nothing from emobile apart from a PM from Tony here looking for my details (which he now has).

Dcully wrote: »
    This happened to me too.
    My wifes phone is on my account, we have 2 phones on the account and also pay monthly.
    All of a sudden money was taken from my account without my knowledge until i got my usual bill in the post.
    When i rang about this i was told it was for a new phone my wife got.
    The fact is her contract was coming to an end and emobile rang her to tempt her to stay with them.
    Initially she had decided to go with another provider as they offer reduced rates through her work.
    Eventually she took the offer from emobile and got her new phone which we were told would cost her €70 , this was never taken from my account until recently but it was a much larger amount.
    I have rang a few times,i was told it was an error that we got the phone for €70 [which is BS because the phone is not a very expensive one at all] been left on hold while the operator goes to talk to manager,this has happened a few times, eventually i was told the manager would ring me directly, over a month later i have heard nothing.

Ill be honest i did not follow this up because i am so sick of dealing with eircom over many many years,i just couldnt face it anymore.
    I have well documented my issues on here in the past and ONLY through this message board have I ever got anything done thanks to the reps on here.
    If there is anyyhing you can do to help id appreciate it, please dont ask me to ring support again :(

Apologies to the OP,i dont mean to take over your thread,its just when i saw a similar issue i just had to get my word in.

Hi Dcully
    really sorry to read your post. Would you mind PM'ing the details and I will chase for you. If you have both phone numbers and pin or account number I can find out what happened here and hope to be able to make this right.
    Tony

I got the HTC One S about 3 or 4 months ago and wasn't charged €89 and I was told on the phone "you might get it for free".

Today I got charged on the account my direct debit comes out of for the €89.

Another victim from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Another victim from here.

Yep, and I'm not happy at all with them over this. They told me on the phone if I wasn't charged at the beginning I was ok and then a few months later, without any communication, they debit my account - as "an overdue amount payable immediately".

Only invoice I received was for the contract and a free phone.

Pm'd Tony for assistance.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Yep, and I'm not happy at all with them over this. They told me on the phone if I wasn't charged at the beginning I was ok and then a few months later, without any communication, they debit my account - as "an overdue amount payable immediately".

Only invoice I received was for the contract and a free phone.

Pm'd Tony for assistance.

Hi podgeandrodge,

Both myself and Tony are investigating this for you. As soon as we have an update on this I will advise.

Gráinne

One week later.............nothing. No reply from emobile regarding this issue.
    Tony has promised a call but as of yet, nothing.

ONE WEEK! :rolleyes:

One week later.............nothing. No reply from emobile regarding this issue.
    Tony has promised a call but as of yet, nothing.

ONE WEEK! :rolleyes:

Hi Kramer,

My apologies that you have not received a call back for this. I have escalated this matter on for you. I have sent a further request for a call back for you.

Gráinne

My apologies that you have not received a call back for this. I have escalated this matter on for you. I have sent a further request for a call back for you.

Gráinne

Well, it would seem it is a little late now Gráinne as my service has been suspended :mad:. Bill pay customer for 2+ years, never an issue. Never a late payment. Not one problem until emobile suddenly & without issuing me with any invoice or bill, take 139e from my current account.
    As this was an unauthorised direct debit, I contacted my bank & IPSO who reversed this payment & started a formal investigation into emobile's breach of the rules.
    Comreg said that they would expect emobile to refrain from stopping my service until they had formally responded but now, nope. Disconnected :mad:.

Disgraceful.

Not one single solitary call over the last 2+ months from emobile.
    Anyone thinking of giving emobile direct debit access should think very carefully. If you have any problems, this company will just ignore you & hope you go away. They have ignored IPSO & so far, at least, Comreg.
    Given this issue is concerning unauthorised taking of funds from my account, I will now instigate a complaint with the financial ombudsman.

Great stuff emobile! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Shame on you Emobile.........shame on you !!

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Shame on you Emobile.........shame on you !!

Indeed.

Another update from me seeing as emobile continue to ignore this issue.
    Called last night after having service suspended & was eventually told to take my receipt to my nearest emobile store to have staff verify & confirm the charge was incorrect. I was promised that my service would be immediately restored when I did this. The staff member in store left a note on my account confirming the receipt & confirming I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CHARGED. He phoned emobile & confirmed again verbally & letting them know he had left a note on the account to that effect.
    He was told I'd have to call back myself too. So...........

I call again & am put on hold while the agent goes through to credit control to have the bar lifted. 45 minutes later I'm told that there is now 34.50e due on my account & my service will not be reinstated until I pay this amount!!
    "We have removed the 139e charge but we're still not unsuspending your phone".
    Absolutely 100% totally & utterly taking the piss & obviously now just being awkward for the sake of it.

Well, it would seem it is a little late now Gráinne as my service has been suspended :mad:. Bill pay customer for 2+ years, never an issue. Never a late payment. Not one problem until emobile suddenly & without issuing me with any invoice or bill, take 139e from my current account.
    As this was an unauthorised direct debit, I contacted my bank & IPSO who reversed this payment & started a formal investigation into emobile's breach of the rules.
    Comreg said that they would expect emobile to refrain from stopping my service until they had formally responded but now, nope. Disconnected :mad:.

Disgraceful.

Not one single solitary call over the last 2+ months from emobile.
    Anyone thinking of giving emobile direct debit access should think very carefully. If you have any problems, this company will just ignore you & hope you go away. They have ignored IPSO & so far, at least, Comreg.
    Given this issue is concerning unauthorised taking of funds from my account, I will now instigate a complaint with the financial ombudsman.

Great stuff emobile! :D

Hi Kramer,

I can see from your account that an agent in our customer care has restored your service for you. I can also see that an agent in our complaints team has received your comreg complaint and is investigating this issue for you. He has advised that he will be in contact with you in regard to your issues.

My apologies that you have not received a call. I have escalated this onto several teams.

Gráinne

I can also see that an agent in our complaints team has received your comreg complaint and is investigating this issue for you. He has advised that he will be in contact with you in regard to your issues.

My apologies that you have not received a call. I have escalated this onto several teams.

And yet another week goes by without as much as a whisper from emobile :rolleyes:. No call. No sms. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

What a DISGRACE of a company.

The NCA are now aware of what you have done & are advising other effected emobile customers to lodge formal complaints with the communications regulator, Comreg. IPSO are none too impressed I'm told with your total ignorance with regard to responding to this issue :D.

Any excuses from the official emobile reps on here? Are you not embarrassed?

And yet another week goes by without as much as a whisper from emobile :rolleyes:. No call. No sms. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

The NCA are now aware of what you have done & are advising other effected emobile customers to lodge formal complaints with the communications regulator, Comreg. IPSO are none too impressed I'm told with your total ignorance with regard to responding to this issue :D.

Hi Kramer,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have requested a call back for you in relation to this matter and I am currently chasing this up at the moment to ensure that you are contacted. I hope to have an update for you shortly and I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Tony

Hi Kramer
    We should have been back to you before this, I agree and my apologies for delay. I have to chase issue and your own particular issue through case history.
    This was an issue where customers who upgraded were not charged for their handset and the upgrade charge was later applied to the account in October. All customers should have received a call to apologise and fully advise of the matter along with an SMS to advise that the message regarding was sent in error and also to confirm that the upgrade handset charge will show on the October bill and will be due for payment then. Unfortunately this was debited straight away when the adjustment was applied to the customer’s account.

These customers have received an SMS to advise that their account is overdue. We will send an SMS to those customers whom we have advised that their account is overdue stating that the first message was sent in error. We will also confirm that their upgrade handset charge will be on their October bill and will be due for payment with this bill.

Our apologies for this mis-understanding and that you seem not to have received any of these calls or messages. I have advised the appropriate section of this.
    I have also PM’s you detail on your own case.
    Regards
    Tony

Advertisement