Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online application for premium

• 19-11-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

According to a letter from DoAFM received today if you apply online it will be possible to have your premium paid in Jan or Feb. A nice surprise for a wet and windy monday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

lucky john wrote: »
    According to a letter from DoAFM received today if you apply online it will be possible to have your premium paid in Jan or Feb. A nice surprise for a wet and windy monday morning.
    Where did you hear this LJ?
    I've been looking but I can't see it anywhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here's a scan of the one I got:
    229475.jpg

Looks like you need to be a 'customer' of the Dept of Ag's Online Services (agfood.ie) to avail of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Thats the letter I got. I logged into the site mentioned and registered. It only took a few minutes.
    I got a log in pin number in the post this morning so I can now access my account and apply on line for the premium payment. you do need an up to date tax clearence cert though. if you dont have one you can get it from revenue(online application) in a couple of days. That assumes your tax is up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

What does this actually mean?

Is this for submitting new applications, or do you need to apply for your premium payment every year? (only in year 2 of 5 with sws so have no idea how this works in the background)

JohnBoy wrote: »
    What does this actually mean?

Is this for submitting new applications, or do you need to apply for your premium payment every year? (only in year 2 of 5 with sws so have no idea how this works in the background)

Up until now the Department of Ag sent everyone with forestry out a Form 4 in the post around this time of year. You just had to sign and return it. Your forest premium then arrived in your acc in April the following year. You would have done this last year.

Now you have a choice. 1..Continue as above or 2.. register online and apply for your premium online in January. With 1.. you get paid in April:mad:. With 2.. you get paid 14 days after you apply( late Jan or Feb);).

It really has nothing to do with SWS unless you have a special arrangment with them. They are just looking after your plantation until its established. They are paid by a seperate grant for their work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Premium lodged in bank account to day .Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hoseman

Premium Lodged To-day Yipee!!!!!:D:D:D:D

how many days after sending the online form did it take for the payment to be lodged as a mater of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hoseman

Approx 7 to 8 weeks after applying on line

premium lodged today. about 10 days after on line form submitted. Top class service form the department on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭gazahayes

Anyone get this years yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kellpositive

No sign of the premium yet.

gazahayes wrote: »
    Anyone get this years yet?

I think the 14th of January is the first date they will issue on so any day after that it should arrive in the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Forestry Premiums are in my bank account as of this morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭manjou

landed in mine too this morning too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭gazahayes

It's in mine this morning too happy days

Ye. Nice surprise this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Rovi wrote: »
    Forestry Premiums are in my bank account as of this morning! :D

ditto