Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access course modules to research a course?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

A question for current or future mature students.

I am looking into the mature student route for Sept., and have already made steps to get hold of the curriculum and request a meeting with the mature-student-office in two colleges.

While they give you a general breakdown of the modules, marking and credits on the websites; I wonder if there's a way to have a look at the modules (current or present) and see the actual content, to give me an idea of what to expect.

I mean the questions/topics/essays etc

It's been 5 years since my LC, and thought I've done a few Lvl. 5 FETAC courses and know how to plan my studies, I'd like to prepare ahead of time so that I'm not caught out.

I know myself I have to work on my Maths (particularly statistics) as it's been so long since I've had any formal classes, for example.

Any ideas on how to go about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Anyone?

I realise that students pay good money for this material; and I don't want to get hold of all of the course material - just a glance at the content and what's to be expected of the students, as I would like an idea on what to prepare beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

The module descriptors are usually a pretty good indication of what's expected. You could ask the college if they could tell you the recommended books and just do a google of the topics that are going to be covered. Usually doing a google will bring up lecture slides, and many can be very similar to the ones your own lecturer ends up using.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Maybe consider an Access Course... Its content is designed to bring mature students back to education and to help them to get "orientated" in future courses.

Advertisement