Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks giving out mortgages?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

OK, We've applied with BOI. The net disposable income is 2000euro and we're coming in at 1850. Theyre still processing our application but I was told not to get my hopes up? Is the NDI 2000 in all banks. Trying ulster bank next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

OK, We've applied with BOI. The net disposable income is 2000euro and we're coming in at 1850. Theyre still processing our application but I was told not to get my hopes up? Is the NDI 2000 in all banks. Trying ulster bank next.

What does your combined net monthly income amount to? Have you applied for a specific amount? If you qualify on other criteria they'll just reduce the amount you requested to whatever figure is in line with their NDI policy, i.e. if you have requested €200k and that leaves you with €1,850pm to live on they'll reduce your mortgage amount to €160k so that you have €2kpm to live off and keep it within policy... AIB's NDI for a couple with no kids is €2,050pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14 1st Time Buyers

We have 1 child so thats raised it I presume. The woman in BOI told us we dont qualify because our NDI is a bit too low, however we've rented @ 600euro a month so she said that would be taken into consideration. I was told we prob wouldnt get it but now Im confused as to why theyre going ahead with the mortgage. Its all so confusing, thanks for the reply.

Advertisement