Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Credit Report

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was just filling a an application to get a credit report, more for curiosity than anything else. I filled in all previous addresses as per the form and sent it off, but it got me thinking.

Do the credit bureau only hold details linked with an address? I suppose this leads to the question, if you have a bad credit rating, then you move house and apply for a loan in the new house but bank don't ask for previous details do they have a way to check your rating? Just seems like it'd be a major flaw in the system!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

eoin95 wrote: »
    I was just filling a an application to get a credit report, more for curiosity than anything else. I filled in all previous addresses as per the form and sent it off, but it got me thinking.

Do the credit bureau only hold details linked with an address? I suppose this leads to the question, if you have a bad credit rating, then you move house and apply for a loan in the new house but bank don't ask for previous details do they have a way to check your rating? Just seems like it'd be a major flaw in the system!!

The banks can track you via your name, date of birth etc, and will ask how long you've been at an address and ask for previous addresses if you are not at an address for a particular period of time.

Advertisement