Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Vincent de Paul Swimming Pool

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering about this swimming pool on the Navan road, is it reopened? Any chance of it reopening?
    Tried ringing the number I found for them but it doesn't work, just wondering does anybody have any info on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Don't think it is reopening, locals are using St joseph's pool down beside Mc D'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

There is no indication of it being reopened at the moment. Pity nice little pool.

Paschal Donohoe has said that he would do his best to push it up the wish list but at the moment it's unlikley.

Pity, it was great therapy for the the people in St Vincent's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

nudger wrote: »
    Paschal Donohoe has said that he would do his best to push it up the wish list but at the moment it's unlikley.

Is it not a private pool owned by Vincents? How would Paschal be able to influence there?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Any idea why it closed? Used to go there as a kid, good times.

• Advertisement

There were calls at the time for some government funding to patch the pool up and keep it open so as to buy time for fundraising.

Pascal said that he would contact Leo Varadkar for funding which I thought was to happen but I haven't seen anything yet.

Sidd wrote: »
    Any idea why it closed? Used to go there as a kid, good times.

Health and Safety, didn't pass checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Good Bump !!

For Good News !!!

http://navanroadcc.com/st-vincent-swimming-pool/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Little Pea wrote: »

There's no such thing

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone hear any more about this ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I wouldn't hold your breath if he is on to it waste of space that chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

It was great for the people in Vincent's and they have been missing out, but there is a huge amount of rebuilding going on in that centre at the moment, and I can tell you that the interests of the people in Vincent's are not high priority. :mad:

Advertisement