Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 Power Button

• 19-11-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi my power button on my iPhone 4 stopped working last week and now it's eating the battery when in my pocket.

I can't even use it to lock the phone. It like it feels it won't push down like its supposed to do.

Does anyone know how I can fix this myself?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

??

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

This happened to a friend of mine as well, he can't turn off his phone completely but he uses this:

http://youtu.be/3CcRmSbpKSs

To lock the screen on his phone to save some battery,
    Sorry I can't be of more use.
    Btw this is for ios 5 or later I think.
    I know its only a temp fix sorry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

how is it eating your battery?
    home button is a known fault on them, is it still under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Its a really easy fix. Just disassemble (use online guides) and you will see the piece of plastic under the power button is sideways. Put it in place and reassemble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement