Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Gabriel European tour 2013 (UK dates announced)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It looks like Cardiff and Dublin are being done with the optimum standing configuration, and won't be fully seated unlike the UK shows. I reckon the O2 will be the small standing area, with the tiered seats starting close to the floor, as opposed to the full standing floor with a "balcony".
    A fully seated arrangement would have been nice, but on the plus side, the standing option means that we don't have to panic about getting good seats. Just get a standing ticket.

Mars Bar - like me, this presumably means two nights in a row for you in the O2: Elton John on the 9th and Peter Gabriel on the 10th. :D

I never thought of that! :D

Excellent, two birds one stone. Much easier for those of us travelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

In reference to my previous post - " I reckon the O2 will be the small standing area, with the tiered seats starting close to the floor, as opposed to the full standing floor with a "balcony"...
    poundhound wrote: »
    No chance. It'll be standing on the floor only.

... all signs indicate this gig will be the small standing area, the aforementioned "optimum standing" configuration, with the tiered seats starting in Row 6, leading to an amphitheatre effect, not the usual Row 21, when they have a fully standing floor (leading back to the merchandise stands) and a balcony overhead. As horseburger has already remarked, this is the set-up currently being illustrated for the show on Ticketmaster, and is the plan used recently for the Status Quo Frantic Four gig, as well as for Rush and numerous other shows in the O2. The fact that (a) the O2 is smaller than a lot of the equivalent UK arenas and (b) the Back to Front performances have nearly always been fully seated shows, both suggest this is the arrangement.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

There's also premium tickets available with access to the sound check earlier in the day
    https://petergabriel.com/store/product/10297/back-to-front-tour-autumn-2014-behind-the-scenes-offer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Don't care what the price, but I have to have a seat. Really want to get tickets for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vin.m

Is there an O2 account holder out there (not going to this show) that can get me a Presale Code?
    Please message me.
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a million...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

It's always the way tickets go in mins before people have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Is the pre-sale only available to O2 premium a/c holders??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Is the pre-sale only available to O2 premium a/c holders??

Seems to be.
    There was a link on the PG website for fan club presale, but it only covered the UK shows, as I only discovered this morning to my chagrin.

Had to run around getting an o2 code, as I'm not with them, and eventually got sorted :)

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Seems to be.
    There was a link on the PG website for fan club presale, but it only covered the UK shows, as I only discovered this morning to my chagrin.

Had to run around getting an o2 code, as I'm not with them, and eventually got sorted :)

Lucky guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Peter Gabriel's twitter has just sent this ticketmaster link for Dublin presale. You don't need an o2 code to get tickets so might be useful for someone

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004C9181700AD0?did=elaserp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 vin.m

Thanks for the ticketmaster link - worked like a charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

MollyZ wrote: »
    Peter Gabriel's twitter has just sent this ticketmaster link for Dublin presale. You don't need an o2 code to get tickets so might be useful for someone

Just to ask, I'm curious to know, how is that done, that there is a link to the artist presale tickets that are able to be bought separately from the o2 presale?

Is the link from Peter Gabriel's twitter, a link to a separate, additional allocation of tickets, aside from tickets made available with the o2 presale codes.

Is it a separate allocation to the tickets that go on general sale on Wednesday or is it tickets taken from the general sale allocation?

is there a limit to the number of tickets allocated for this Artist Presale option?

What is interesting about both these presales is that there doesn't appear to be the option, if you are looking for seats, to select a particular block for availability.

MollyZ wrote: »

Saw the tweet around 12:35 and have my 4 tickets bought!

Is it a separate allocation to the tickets that go on general sale on Wednesday or is it tickets taken from the general sale allocation?

is there a limit to the number of tickets allocated for this Artist Presale option?

What is interesting about both these presales is that there doesn't appear to be the option, if you are looking for seats, to select a particular block for availability.

No option, just lucky dip I think..
    I actually just rang tm to check and the guy said it's the same allocation for both presales in this case..

I went on and had slightly better seats in my basket for the fan club link than I got with o2, so was just chancing my arm that they could be swapped, but it seems not - according to the guy I spoke with, they can't select the seats themselves at the call centre..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Just to ask, I'm curious to know, how is that done, that there is a link to the artist presale tickets that are able to be bought separately from the o2 presale?

Is the link from Peter Gabriel's twitter, a link to a separate, additional allocation of tickets, aside from tickets made available with the o2 presale codes.

Yeah, the link was from Peter Gabriel's twitter. The artist presale seems to have a limit of 9 if you look at the info when you follow the link. o2 presale limit was 4. I have no idea how the ticket allocations work at all to be honest. All these different presales and stuff just confuse the issue really. But then, I'm old enough to remember the days when if you wanted tickets to something you went and queued up on the street for them. Might seem a bit harsh to some younger folk but it was very straightforward and usually good craic too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The presale from Gabriels twitter/facebook link is throwing up tickets on the lower tier of block D (ideal as they are centre stage).

The O2 presale is offering tickets in blocks in the wings.

Really looking forward to this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Well, that was an emotional rollercoaster! Couldn't work out last night if there was going to be a "fan sale", or just the O2 customers, checked the "kililive" website today, crushed, nothing... then saw this thread, woo-woo. Usual struggle to remember my ticketmaster password and credit card verification thingies. (It's not like I don't use my CC elsewhere, but only TM seems to want this particular sort of verification.) my And got standing tickets! Amazed there were any of those left, as the number most be pretty small to start with, and quite a few are being creamed off for various other "income streams", like the super-duper-expensive packages.

Interesting question. Given that it's all using the same system, it's not clear either way. Only way to tell would be if one sells out before the other one (and even then it wouldn't be entirely certain, as closure might be done on some other basis).
    Amounts to the same thing, I think? The presale ends before the general sale starts, so it's not like they'll not sell them, out of spite!
    Almost certainly. If they sold out the entire venue before the sale they're advertising on the radio started there would be much tut-tutting, I'd say. I think the O2 customer presale explicitly says it's a "selection" of tickets, which would certainly imply this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Got my tickets today. Block G. My son's girlfriend had the O2 presale code. Happy bunny here :)

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Interesting question. Given that it's all using the same system, it's not clear either way. Only way to tell would be if one sells out before the other one (and even then it wouldn't be entirely certain, as closure might be done on some other basis).

Amounts to the same thing, I think? The presale ends before the general sale starts, so it's not like they'll not sell them, out of spite!

Almost certainly. If they sold out the entire venue before the sale they're advertising on the radio started there would be much tut-tutting, I'd say. I think the O2 customer presale explicitly says it's a "selection" of tickets, which would certainly imply this.

I didn't realise that it was possible to buy tickets - like through that link from the twitter account - without getting a code from the o2 pre sale, or getting them through the fan club option, which I'm guessing may require an annual subscription?

That's why I was wondering were the Artist presale tickets taken from the tickets to be put on general sale on Wednesday, and if there is a limit to the allocation of artist presale tickets.
    poundhound wrote: »
    The presale from Gabriels twitter/facebook link is throwing up tickets on the lower tier of block D (ideal as they are centre stage).

The O2 presale is offering tickets in blocks in the wings.

Really looking forward to this show.

Do you reckon at some stage it will be possible that ticketmaster might put up a plan view of the seating layout for its live music gigs to indicate clearly what tickets are available in each block at any given time.

The National Concert Hall does this on their site, as does ticketmaster for shows in the Gaiety and in the Grand Canal Theatre.

I don't really understand why it isn't being done for the live music gigs on the Ticketmaster site.

It would make selecting seats much easier, for example when trying for a gig that has a huge demand and it may select seats rows in Block A or G close to the stage.

The way it uses that Best Available facility, I don't know whether or not this means that there are none left anywhere else, or if it is selecting those seats as best available because they are near the stage, but not letting you know that there may be more centrally located seats available in rows further back with a better overall view of the stage in other blocks like C or D.

This happened recently with the Chris Rea tickets in the Olympia for the gig in December, where it was selecting tickets in the edge of row B, but I later found out from ringing Ticketmaster that there were also other better tickets available in rows further back that were more centrally located. When using the website, it did not indicate that, when using the best available option of ticket selection.

The ticketmaster system obviously thinks that sitting in seats at the edge in the first few rows of any venue are better, despite the possibility of an inferior view of the stage and getting one's head blown off by being far too close to one set of speakers!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "Do you reckon at some stage it will be possible that ticketmaster might put up a plan view of the seating layout for its live music gigs to indicate clearly what tickets are available in each block at any given time."

I think ticketmaster feel this system would clog up its system, as people ponder what seats to pick.

I remember when Arcade Fire played the O2 a few years ago, the O2 presale tickets sold out in minutes. With the general release still a couple of days away, the band advertised tickets available via their official website. The link brought you to a site called www.crowdsurge.com where you could actually select the seats in the block/row you wanted.

Its the only time Ive been able to pick an exact seat at the O2. The other option to do this is to go to a ticketmaster kiosk.

I didn't realise that it was possible to buy tickets - like through that link from the twitter account - without getting a code from the o2 pre sale, or getting them through the fan club option, which I'm guessing may require an annual subscription?
    I'm still not clear what they meant by "fan club". I tried to look at the "forum" on his own web site, but it wasn't available -- perhaps crashed, demand-related? I'll check again after all the fuss will hopefully have died down in a week or so, just out of curiosity...

Last time I used a "fan pre-sale" at the O2 (Biffy last year), it was done via their general web forum, not requiring any sort of sub, just signing up. (It might have been CrowdSurge, too. Certainly I'm still getting email spam from them from something-or-other...) I imagine there were a lot of throwaway signups that week...
    The ticketmaster system obviously thinks that sitting in seats at the edge in the first few rows of any venue are better, despite the possibility of an inferior view of the stage and getting one's head blown off by being far too close to one set of speakers!!:)

Yes, when a website asks you "Best available?", you really need an option to say "What do you mean by 'best'?" in response. :) I wonder if you release and try again, if you get significantly different ones from the "pool"?

The way it does it at the moment possibly has the advantage -- for them! -- that they can "transactionalise" which tickets to remove from the "pool" as soon as you submit the form. If you had "open season" on every possible ticket you'd have to lock every ticket (not going to happen!), or else it'd be an unreserved free-for-all, where you might pick tickets, and find they'd disappeared by the time you'd clicked.

I'm still not clear what they meant by "fan club". I tried to look at the "forum" on his own web site, but it wasn't available -- perhaps crashed, demand-related? I'll check again after all the fuss will hopefully have died down in a week or so, just out of curiosity...

Last time I used a "fan pre-sale" at the O2 (Biffy last year), it was done via their general web forum, not requiring any sort of sub, just signing up. (It might have been CrowdSurge, too. Certainly I'm still getting email spam from them from something-or-other...) I imagine there were a lot of throwaway signups that week..

They closed the forum on the website last week and migrated to Facebook..
    Sign o the times.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    They closed the forum on the website last week and migrated to Facebook..
    Sign o the times.

O!

Ah well. I guess web fora are the new CDs. If there's something that really makes one feel old, it's when a format or technology one vividly recalls holding out against as a horrible development, and one would rather keep the thing it's seeking to replace... itself then becomes obsolete. (Vinyl, and newsgroups and (e)mailing lists!)

Last time I used a "fan pre-sale" at the O2 (Biffy last year), it was done via their general web forum, not requiring any sort of sub, just signing up. (It might have been CrowdSurge, too. Certainly I'm still getting email spam from them from something-or-other...) I imagine there were a lot of throwaway signups that week...

Yes, when a website asks you "Best available?", you really need an option to say "What do you mean by 'best'?" in response. :) I wonder if you release and try again, if you get significantly different ones from the "pool"?

The way it does it at the moment possibly has the advantage -- for them! -- that they can "transactionalise" which tickets to remove from the "pool" as soon as you submit the form. If you had "open season" on every possible ticket you'd have to lock every ticket (not going to happen!), or else it'd be an unreserved free-for-all, where you might pick tickets, and find they'd disappeared by the time you'd clicked.

what seems to happen is that if you decide not to take the tickets it selects for you, unless there are also others online at the same time looking for tickets for the same gig, that it'll keep selecting the same tickets until they are sold, rather than letting you know what else is available, in the rows behind the seats that it selects.

That is the frustrating aspect of it!:mad:

So in order to find out what else is available you need to ring ticketmaster which often times brings you to an automated voice rather than a human at the other end of the phone.

For example, if you are not near a ticketmaster outlet at the time a gig goes on sale, and you enquire about ticket availability for gigs in the Olympia, because they don't take over the phone bookings if you ring their box office, you still have to go through the ticketmaster website or Ticketmaster's phone number, if you decide to buy a ticket.

Most other venue box offices accept over the phone bookings.

what seems to happen is that if you decide not to take the tickets it selects for you, unless there are also others online looking for tickets for the same gig, that it'll keep selecting the same tickets until they are sold, rather than letting you know what else is available in the rows behind the seats that it selects.

That is the frustrating aspect of it!:mad:

There's nothing in my "transaction" rationale of what's going on that would preclude them having a map showing currently allocated seats. (I can think of reasons they wouldn't want to, though.) If they did that, you'd at least know what seats were potentially available, so that if the system didn't offer them to you, you'd at least realize you could phone up and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Do you guys think this will sell out quick in the morning?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Do you guys think this will sell out quick in the morning?

Personally, I don't think so, but I wouldn't risk not getting them 1st thing (got mine in presale).

Wanted to see him a long time.. so many great gigs this year -

It feels so unnatural, Peter Gabriel too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

What are the chances of a second gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dixiefly wrote: »
    What are the chances of a second gig?

I'd say unlikely. Even if this sells out quickly, I think it'd be overambitious to add a second show. But I'd go both nights if there was a second gig!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement