Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there something in the whiskey/tea/water/ice?

• 19-11-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Ok, I know the producer said on the Talking Dead ( we dont get it in Ireland) that the tea is a nod to an executive or something.

But do you think he is covering up the fact that there may be something in all the liquids in Woodbury? The tea was just the vessel for introducing it....everytime Woodbury is on the screen, they're all drinking something.

And now, the weird comment about the ice from the scientist? Plus, the Governor is feeding Andrea whiskey. We know it makes you frisky Philip, but arnt you over doing it just a little????

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I suppose it's possible, but what effects is it having on the citizens? They don't seem to be behaving in any odd or subdued ways so it doesn't seem that they are being drugged or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

But isnt Andrea after changing her behaviour, as the most obvious subject? She's moving further away from Michonne, and towards the Governers way of thinking.

I think there are subtle hints ( I have already seen this weeks episode and will not talk about it because of spoilers, but I see them in that episode too)

Also, the citizens don't hae to be falling around or "zombi-fied" (forgive the joke) to be drugged. Even a kild dosage would be enough to keep them docile. I'm telling you, I see liquids in that place everywhere.....I'm like the child from The 6th Sense "I see liquids"

People have said before that it's just a show of how much more civilised they are in Woodbury and that they have luxuries, but twice now the Scientist has been involved in the talk about tea and then ice.....somethings not right.......

You may be right. Now that you mention it, when Merle, the scientist guy, and the Governor went back to the apartment (when Michonne was hiding), they were picking up more drinks and joked to the scientist that he should relax and have a drink.
    You could be on to something...........

Any chance you could use proper spoiler tags?
    Like this?

Dean09 wrote: »
    Any chance you could use proper spoiler tags?
    Like this?

OOOHHHH, thanks, sorry I'm a newbie, I did try redface.png

Right so,
    The Gov gives Andrea whiskey nearly everytime he meets her, could be just to get her drunk, could be to make her more compliant, the girl on the wall seems to think she's a brilliant shot, has a great bow, maintains she went shooting with her father, and was going for the olympics, just bragging or are her fine motor skills being affected by the drug. Not enought to make you fall around, but enough to impair your arrow shooting skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I did think it was weird that she was trained for the Olympics but couldn't shoot a walker at fairly close range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Newaglish wrote: »
    I did think it was weird that she was trained for the Olympics but couldn't shoot a walker at fairly close range

Never fired at a moving (semi)human before. Its a reflection of the sheltered life she has in Woodbury.

Never fired at a moving (semi)human before. Its a reflection of the sheltered life she has in Woodbury.

Trained for the olympics and can't hit a slow, big walker? Unless shes delusional and it's a story she has made up instead of her real one. Like when someone really has lost it and they construct this whole other life for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Newaglish wrote: »

Yeah and especially in a series where you start getting 100% headshot accuracy with a gun the second time you use one :P

Daryl doesn't seem to have a problem with his crossbow, so I'm guessing the girl was either lying or else the drinks are indeed being spiked with something. Or Daryl is actually far above Olympic standard.

I don't think the Governor's whiskey that he keeps offering Andrea is spiked though, he's drinking that himself after all. If it's affecting motor skills then he'd surely stay away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think it'd be a pretty bad idea to spike the people guarding your walls and impair their motor functions. The drinks aren't being spiked. The denizens of Woodbury are shown drinking things all the time to drive the point home that they have means. If they want to drink some booze or have a cuppa tea, no problem; they've got the means to do so. Comparing that to 'our' group, Woodbury comes across as a lovely place to live and that's exactly what the Governor wants to portray to his citizens. He's not keeping them compliant by spiking their drinks; he's keeping them on his side by providing them with the luxury to drink in the first place.

The specificity of it being drinks being irrelevant, obviously; it's the idea that's important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Just finished watchin S3 E3, the first time they are introduced to the
    Woodbury encampment.
    I came on here specifically to see if there were any ideas on that comment the
    governer says to the researcher
    in the back room,
    "i need you for your tea"

Obviously at first i thought it was
    spiked, with something that keeps the inhabitants docile, or its antidepressants or Prozac
    , but as Nervous Wreck states, it could be the idea;
    the act of having a cup of tea, in the Zombie Apocalypse ludicrous as its sounds could be a metaphor for restoring stability. I still hanker on the idea that " there's something in the water.

I think it'd be a pretty bad idea to spike the people guarding your walls and impair their motor functions

Logical, but as shown in S3e3, there are
    some members of the community who seem to be in on the dirtier grisly side of protecting the community, example the group that went with the gov to take out the soldier platoon.

So its fair to say the
    guards would be exempt for any chemical doping.

platinums wrote: »
    Logical, but as shown in S3e3, there are
    some members of the community who seem to be in on the dirtier grisly side of protecting the community, example the group that went with the gov to take out the soldier platoon.

So its fair to say the
    guards would be exempt for any chemical doping.

Exactly my point re: the girl with the bow being used as a possible example.

platinums wrote: »
    Just finished watchin S3 E3, the first time they are introduced to the
    Woodbury encampment.
    I came on here specifically to see if there were any ideas on that comment the
    governer says to the researcher
    in the back room,
    "i need you for your tea"

Didn't catch that line! How very strange...

S3E3
    28:09
    I dont want to quest your judgement Governer,
    28:16
    Sure you do, that's why i need you, that and your tea.

I just wanted to make sure i quoted correctly, been watching 3 episodes a night for the last week catching up so am fresh to TWD.

Doesnt
    the Governer
    look and sound a lot like Liam Neeson...

Just watched a bit more and noticed the
    Researcher ask Andrea,
    real eerie like.
    32:55
    How's the Tea?
    Michonnes Paranoia
    seems legit at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Are spoiler tags really necessary for Episode 3 stuff?
    Really???

Advertisement