Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Broadband.

Options
  • 19-11-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Any body know if John Coleman does the solar bb in the An Rinn area? How much does it cost to get up and going and what are the packages like?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Any body know if John Coleman does the solar bb in the An Rinn area? How much does it cost to get up and going and what are the packages like?:)

They have a website not unsurprisingly called solarbroadband.ie and there's a web page and map that shows coverage now let me guess the URL hmmmmm hard one http://solarbroadband.ie/coverage.htm :D

btw they do show a lot of areas as covered that they can't reach because of the local geography, looks like I'm covered but no way would they even bother to return a call when I asked if they could check it out. That said I know a good few of their customers and no ones got any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Thanks for your response eirator but tbh it does not answer any of my questions. I appreciate the attempt at humour i do but you might have included some useful information as well besides the obvious web address.

Thanks for your response eirator but tbh it does not answer any of my questions. I appreciate the attempt at humour i do but you might have included some useful information as well besides the obvious web address.

It wasn't humor.

They also have a phone number its on the website - and they can tell you better than anyone here if they cover your area.

If the question is are they any good then as I said no one I know has any complaints and off hand I can think of 4 people I know that use the service, but none are in your area.

If the question is about installation then again call them they can tell you how much the installation will cost.

I would rather not call them eirator as they would always have my number then and i would like to get the skinny from a joe soap without have to listen to any sales pitch or BS tbh.

I know John can tell a story or two or three or four or .......... but I doubt you'll be talking to him and they are more likely to forget about you and never call back than bother you with sales calls.

You need to know if you can "see" the nearst mast they use somewhere from your house, so you either have to find out where it is from someone else or phone them. If they can't get you a service which is quite possible in that area then they won't waste your time.

You pay iirc for the installation but there is no locked in contract you can leave again next month if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

I have a connection from Solar BB for the past six months. My house looks in at Dungarvan and my receiver is facing the Pike or somewhere over Clonea
    Installation cost €100 and was very professional. Costs €30 per month for 3Gb.
    No problems at all.

Joebre 3gb per month thats ridiculous for that price IMHO. I am getting 300gb per month for 45 euro at the moment with vodafone but am looking into switching isp.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Joebre 3gb per month thats ridiculous for that price IMHO. I am getting 300gb per month for 45 euro at the moment with vodafone but am looking into switching isp.

Think he meant 3mb speed!!!!! If solar can't cover your area i am sure www.alphawave.ie 1890 815 660 ,will as nearly all an rinn has coverage. 100e connection , 2mb speed and unlimited download for 30.49e pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Yes, meant to say 3Mb download speed with no limit.
    I was with Vodafone before.
    How have you 300Gb downlaod limit ? Most I can see on their site is 40Gb for €45 per month.

Advertisement