Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Up to 10c off per litre of petrol or diesel with Tesco Petrol.

• 19-11-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Spend €50 in Tesco to get 5c off per litre in Tesco Petrol filling stations. Spend €100 in Tesco to get 10c off per litre. Offer ends 9th. December 2012, coupons valid until 16th. December. Even with the money off coupon Tesco Petrol may not be the cheapest place for fuel in your area. So shop around, I suggest checking out Pumps.ie first.

An unusual condition of this offer is purchases made with Tesco Personal Finance are excluded. So buying your groceries using Tesco's own credit card means you'd get no coupon. If you have a Tesco Credit Card and want the coupon, pay with another method instead, for example, a non-Tesco credit card, debit card or cash.
    wi0d1j.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

ah ffs. just been spending more than 70 euros every week in tesco, and have decided to stop doing that from now on!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://routes.aaireland.ie/# - check the cost of getting to your nearest Tesco at your current mpg

For me it's Maynooth and it would cost over €2 each way. So I'd have to get over 45L of fuel to break even.

These deals are really only worth it if you are going to Tesco anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A fool and their money are easily parted.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

live 10 mins away and do the shopping in tesco dundrum. handy handy! though just filled up last week, and did a big shop at the weekend!!!

this will have to wait i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Ditto would never drive to a petrol station on the basis that it was cheaper. This would only happen if I am already passing the garage.
    http://routes.aaireland.ie/# - check the cost of getting to your nearest Tesco at your current mpg

For me it's Maynooth and it would cost over €2 each way. So I'd have to get over 45L of fuel to break even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just to note that tesco Clearwater and the garages around it are all normally a lot dearer than others around especially if your heading out the n2 ashbourbe direction or maxol constitution hill. Think people assume its tesco so it is cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Whats the betting that Tesco will rise the price by a cent or two, just to mitigate some of the great bargain they are giving;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

just to note most saloons are 60 litre tanks so thats a max of 6 euro saving. as most people have a bit in the tank anyway, youre looking at probably 5.50e saving over a full tank.

now when you consider you may hvae driven to tesco just for this deal, lets say it cost you 4e. So now youre only saving 1.50e on a full tank.

according to pumps.ie, tesco finglas was 1.65 on the 13th nov and the nearest station to it, gulf oil was 1.62 so now youre paying 3c extra per litre =1.80 on a tank. So now its costing you 30 cents to spend the 100e to get the discount on the petrol.

is there a "Not a bargain alert" alert forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Slunk wrote: »
    Just to note that tesco Clearwater and the garages around it are all normally a lot dearer than others around especially if your heading out the n2 ashbourbe direction or maxol constitution hill. Think people assume its tesco so it is cheapest.

They used to be cheap up till about a year ago (maybe more now?) when they stopped opening 24 hours. Since then, they are usually 6-8c per litre more expensive than the garage beside where I work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

now when you consider you may hvae driven to tesco just for this deal, lets say it cost you 4e. So now youre only saving 1.50e on a full tank.
    Work out how much time you spend driving

way less than minimum wage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Those sneaky Tesco people have put the tins or roses and quality street up by 1 euro to 6 euro now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Whats the betting that Tesco will rise the price by a cent or two, just to mitigate some of the great bargain they are giving;).

Actually noticed that Tesco had dropped unleaded by a 1c and upped diesel by a cent last week in Tramore and remarked to Mrs Scout that they were probably gearing up for the budget but now I see that it was in prep for this offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The cost of your average trolley of Tesco shopping compared to LIDL would mean that doing your shopping in Tesco is bad value anyway and it is cheaper to shop in Lidl and get your petrol at the cheapest filling station along your regular route. Driving half way across town for 1c/litre difference in fuel is hardly worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Bit off topic but the garage behind Superquinn on McKee Avenue ( on way to Aldi/Lidl) have petrol at 1.61

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

deelite wrote: »

Bit off topic but the garage behind Superquinn on McKee Avenue ( on way to Aldi/Lidl) have petrol at 1.61
    159.9 at palmerstown

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

153.8/9 in Urlingford, Co Kilkenny right now... http://pumps.ie/findStationsBySearch.php?search=urlingford
    Nearly always fill up there on the way past... but i do a lot of long runs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

..maxol constitution hill..
    Maxol €1.61 Tesco Clearwater €1.65, so 6c per litre saving with the 10c off coupon. Worth it if it is not out of your way.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

That's the idea - they want you to come in & spend lots of money on groceries this Christmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭vickers209

The cheapest tesco petrol station in ireland is in claremorris in mayo 155.9 for petrol and 154.9 for diesel if you used the ten cent voucher there but again only makes sence if u live in the area. 2nd cheapest is tesco ardkeen in Waterford at 158.9 for petrol and 154.9 for diesel.
    cheapest in dublin is dundrum sc at 161.9 for petrol and 151.9 for diesel

*all prices taken from pumps.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

My local Applegreen is consistantly 3c cheaper than my nearest Tesco (3 miles away)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

33l1504.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This offer is on again from today 14 Jan until Sunday 3rd Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Petrol and diesel are approx 10c a litre cheaper in Tralee than in the Tesco Killarney Park filling station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Same in Waterford.

Advertisement