Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinamo Moscow keeper blinded by firework thrown onto pitch

• 19-11-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭

http://youtu.be/1dtXaPHk2eE

http://youtu.be/4H2eDYOpAYw

This doesn't bode well for the 2018 World Cup hosts. Maybe this incident will be the one to introduce severe sanctions for clubs in the Russian league as a result of the behaviour of fans. I am surprised the ref didn't take more action after the first firework went off in the goalmouth itself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i must be blinded myself i cant see the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,077 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Permanently blinded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

ricero wrote: »
    i must be blinded myself i cant see the video

Apologies, dont often post youtube videos on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

From the look of the second video, it looks like he just got smoke in his eyes?

Go to 49 seconds in. It looks like he jumps into it, then goes down holding his eyes from the smoke :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Meh, I've had that happen to me at underage level years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

According to Russia Today
    The medical check at the hospital revealed that Shunin suffered a chemical burn of his corneas, eyelids and conjunctivas of both eyes as well as post-traumatic otitis of the right ear with partial hearing loss.

and
    Russia 24 channel reports that doctors fear that Shunin may partially lose his eyesight.

In order to avoid the worst consequences, the 25-year-old may require a corneal transplant as the chemicals inside the flare severely damaged his eyes.

It turns out the fireworks were smuggled into the stadium inside a woman's body condoms, bizarre they would go to such extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Googled it, says he has problems with his vision (in one eye) and hearing but nothing serious/permanent. The story of how the firework was smuggled in is a bit weird. On phone so no link

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Costanza's looking well.

Advertisement