Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thundershirt *** money back guarantee ***

• 19-11-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I bought a thundershirt yesterday costing €46 for my little Cocker who is absolutely terrified of the car. she freezes and hides when she realises we're going off

As soon as she gets out, she's a different dog, lively, full of life, happy etc

I have tried a few things to work on this but nothing seems to work.

She keeps hiding in the car and breathing very fast, she's very stressed.

Anyway I came accross that Thundershirt and decided to give it go, put it on her in the shop , asked about this money back guarantee thing and of course got the usual irish customer service attitude from a thick country man, clearly in the wrong job, who said to me that I would have to deal directly with the manufacturer for refund, in case it didnt' work

On my way back home, I noticed the dog was still very stressed, even with this shirt on.

So as far as I know, I purchased the sghirt from a pet shop . . . if i want a refund, can they send me away or as they say will do the procedure for me but would have to wait for this company to refund the shop ?

I bought the item from the pet shop, am I right to expect to get my moeny bac FROM THE PET SHOP ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I would expect the manufacturer to give you the refund as its them and not the retailer offering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Did you just buy it and stick it on the dog?

It's a tool to be used while you do other things to desensitise the dog to whatever it is that scares him. I would continue to try it. I use it for travel and while it doesn't make my dog a whole different dog when it comes to the car it does seem to relax him.

Try not to expect too much. If he associates the car with fear then sticking a TS on him won't change everything straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

When I bought mine I asked about this and the guy in the pet shop (Maxi Zoo) said I could bring it back to get the refund there. I didn't have to bring it back, fortunately, as it worked quite well for my girl. I had a look at the Thundershirt website, and it say this
    If you purchased your Thundershirt from another retailer:

Please return your Thundershirt to the place of purchase for credit; we are unable to process returns for Thundershirts not purchased directly from Thundershirt Company. If the place of purchase is unwilling to support the refund policy, please contact us at service@thundershirt.com.
    http://www.thundershirt.com/howitworks/faqs.aspx

So, I would suggest that you let the pet shop know this is how it's supposed to work. If you get nowhere, then all you can do is contact Thundershirt customer service. Remember that it has to be done within 30 days as well

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

I bought one of these too and while didn't notice a massive difference at first I kept using it and I think it's amazing now. He loves it too. The trick is to introduce it while the dog is calm and feeling safe. Don't give up on it, I glad I didn't!

Advertisement