Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress training

• 19-11-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Wordpress training courses in Dublin?

I already have a background in web design but haven't really got into wordpress so not really sure where to begin, i have messed around a bit just playing with templates on my localhost but would like to get into creating custom themes etc a bit more, i realise most of this is done through a combination of php and html so if there was an cousrses available that could get me on the right track that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Freemancon

Don't know of any local Trainings that deal with Theme development. Most people are self-educated in theme dev. To get started on that line... I would suggest reading up on the Wordpress Codex http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy . The Template Hierarchy is a good place to start as it will give you that overall understanding of the structure of themes. It has changed a bit over the years so be careful if you are using older Blog articles. But between the Codex and some helpful Blogs, you should get a good foundation to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Freemancon wrote: »
    Don't know of any local Trainings that deal with Theme development. Most people are self-educated in theme dev. To get started on that line... I would suggest reading up on the Wordpress Codex http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy . The Template Hierarchy is a good place to start as it will give you that overall understanding of the structure of themes. It has changed a bit over the years so be careful if you are using older Blog articles. But between the Codex and some helpful Blogs, you should get a good foundation to get you started.

cheers for the reply, i have a basic idea of how a theme is structured as i was given an intro to it in a course i done over the summer but it was just very basic showing the structure of the index/header/footer files etc...

Im trying to find a work placement at the moment and any of the companies i've looked into seem to build all their websites using Wordpress so im at a loss from the get go!

Advertisement