Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which are the top Racing movie?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I love Racing movie mostly Bikers.
    "Torque(2004)" is on of them.
    Anyone please help me to give some movie name of recent Bike racing movie.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

BMX Bandits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Faster
    Fastest
    Closer to the Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Senna.

Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Amazing to see Senna and Torque being discussed in the same thread.

Torque was a poor rip-off of the Fast and Furious movies and while the first of those was enjoyable in a "your brain at the door", Torque pretty much demanded than you forget you have you one entirely...

Would second the recommendation for TT3D: Closer to the Edge or see if you can dig out Charley Boorman's attempt at the Dakar "Race to Dakar" (though it's a TV series).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Shuto Kousoku Max 1996, good street racing film from Japan. I think this is the forth one but its probably the best and features the GTR, Supra and MR2 as well as bit parts for Tsuchiya Keiichi in his NSX. good 90s flick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TT3D without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Initial D is one ive always liked :), theres very few good motor related films out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

krudler wrote: »
    BMX Bandits

Aw Man - Nostalgia Overload! :D

51443.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Torque??? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

You may as well watch Biker Boys so. At least it had a half decent cast. It may be cheesey but it's better than Torque. And yes, Faster and Fastest and Closer to the Edge as suggested. Won't get better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

hmmmmmm that's great!

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    Faster
    Fastest
    Closer to the Edge
    Is "Closer to the Edge" like a documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Fast Company.

It's an early David Cronenberg film and honestly you'd probably never guess to look at it.

It's hokey but very entertaining and has a lot of nice docu-shots of dragsters and funny cars being prep'd for races. Oh and the ending is just ridiculous!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Company_(1979_film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is "Closer to the Edge" like a documentary?
    Kinda.

It follows a number of riders at the TT in 2010 with a lot of actual footage. For true raw racing it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Don't forget Days of Thunder, love that movie.

What kind of racing are you interested in? Senna is, without doubt, the best formula 1 based film I have seen (sorry Sly) and probably up there with the best movies of recent memory for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Silver Dream Machine....David Essex....opps
    Le Mans - Steve McQueen
    Grand Prix - James Garner- John Frankenheimer directs
    Two awesome movies if you enjoy motor racing with not much story.

Bobby Deerfield -Early Al Pachino movie.
    Winning - Paul Newman

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

KenSwee wrote: »
    Silver Dream Machine....David Essex....opps
    Le Mans - Steve McQueen

Bobby Deerfield -Early Al Pachino movie.
    Winning - Paul Newman

Silver Dream - I think I saw that years back. Was racing motorbikes and died in the end while clapping himeslf after winning and fell off the bike?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sleepy wrote: »
    Torque was a poor rip-off of the Fast and Furious movies and while the first of those was enjoyable in a "your brain at the door", Torque pretty much demanded than you forget you have you one entirely...

The first Fast and the Furious was ok, pretty much Point Break with cars but I'm not a fan of the series as a whole. I gotta say though, Fast Five is ****ING AWESOME :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Le Mans - Steve McQueen

Was about to post both of these. Great films.

Watched them both in the last couple of months looking forward to watching Senna over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Not a fast and flashy movie but The World's Fastest Indian is a super film about an old guy [Anthony Hopkins] attempting to break the land speed record on a reconditioned 1920s Indian motorbike. Really worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Driven- Drivel from Stallone
    Michel Vaillant- Euro crash from France
    http://youtu.be/NTqPAh3ALPM
    C'etait un Rendez-vous - ultimate joyride from Paris

Checkered Flag Atrocious rubbish

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Don't forget Days of Thunder, love that movie.

What kind of racing are you interested in? Senna is, without doubt, the best formula 1 based film I have seen (sorry Sly) and probably up there with the best movies of recent memory for me.
    I m interested in motorcycle racing movie, I have told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Speedracer

al28283 wrote: »
    Speedracer

I often feel alone in my love for Speedracer. It was fast and batsh*t crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Le Mans - Steve McQueen

Huge Steve McQueen fan and films with racing but seen Le Mans yesterday (70mm version) and my God it was a difficult watch. I almost fell asleep at times. It's so damn monotonous. It's an amazing piece of film work for sure and it's astonishing how they got it made but for me at least, it made a really poor film.

I knew going in that the "story" was just really an afterthought but I hadn't expecting it be contained in three to four scenes and a bunch of stare at the horizon shots.

The recent screening of 'The Man & Le Mans' I loved though. Was very enjoyable and had great insight into both the film and McQueen .

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

You know, it's been so long since I've seen it, I forgot Steve McQueen was even in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

What about Ron Howard's Rush? Great film with great racing sequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

+1 for Rush.

Best racing scenes I've ever seen on film. Captures the insanity of Formula One in the day where a couple of drivers a year were probably dying from crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Le Mans, great racing sequences, no CG.

Advertisement