Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent arrears

Options
  • 19-11-2012 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Today I got letter with special form from social saying that they will be reviewing rent allowance. In one of questions in this form they ask my landlord if there are arrears in rent and if "yes", then how much. Anybody knows why would they ask about arrears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

To make sure that the rent allowance is actually going to the landlord I would imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Limericks, usually I always paid on time my rent, but right now am 1 month behind. Do you know what will social do when they learn that I am 1 month behind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

They may ask why the payment that is meant to be used on your rent is being spent on something else.

The other side of the coin is that because it is a CWO payment and they are their to help in times of hardship they may sit down with you and try to work out your money problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

OK, thank you.

Advertisement