Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on diet and activity

• 19-11-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Started on this 6 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone 10lbs. I'm a 5'7" male and was 17 and a half stone at the start.I seem to have lost the interest at the min probably because i'm stuck in limbo regarding my weight dropping off.

Breakfast
    Scrambled egg or omelette with 2 grilled bacon OR
    2 weetabix depending on time

Snack
    Protein bar OR my own veggie soup.

Lunch
    Chicken or tuna salad consisting of lettuce,scallion 1 slice of low low cheese,red pepper and maybe 1 slice ham

Evening snack
    Apple or banana (sometimes both)
    A protein drink

Dinner
    Grilled chicken OR a steamed salmon OR a grilled steak fillet with steamed brocolli and cauliflower

Sometimes i do a chicken curry or stir fry to do me for 2 days.

I try not to eat after my dinner as it is 7ish when i eat it and it does it 7am when i have the breakfast. I try to eat in a 12hr period.

I drink up to 3 litres of water on a good day and between 1.5 to 2 litres on an off day.
    I also take 2 omega 3 fish oil and 2 multivitamin tabs daily.

I try to do 1 hour on the threadmill with some light interval training mixed in and 30 mins on the cross trainer. I get bored on the bike very easily so dont do much on that.

If the weather is good i go an eight mile walk/jog with 3 very steep hills included.

I built a shed at the back of the house and have it fitted with
    Free weights and bench
    Multi gym
    Threadmill
    Rowing machine
    Exercise bike
    Cross trainer
    Punching bag with gloves

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

not really sure what you're asking here.

just looking for inspiration? then kudos, 10kg in 6 weeks is good, keep going.

You think you're in limbo?
    what do you mean? your weight loss has slowed?
    how did you get this far, did you start by working out your BMR and figure an appropriate calorie deficit? if so then re calculate, you've lost nearly 10% of your mass, the numbers will be different now.

re adjusting the calorie intake according to your new body mass may get you back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

not really sure what you're asking here.

just looking for inspiration? then kudos, 10kg in 6 weeks is good, keep going.

You think you're in limbo?
    what do you mean? your weight loss has slowed?
    how did you get this far, did you start by working out your BMR and figure an appropriate calorie deficit? if so then re calculate, you've lost nearly 10% of your mass, the numbers will be different now.

re adjusting the calorie intake according to your new body mass may get you back on track.
    Dont really know what i'm asking. Suppose is anything i need to tweak etc to keep the weight loss going. I noticed the last week or so the results versuses work rate is not working.
    There was no calculations,just web searches on here and other sites.

How do you calculate your BMR(body mass ratio???)is this the same as BMI and how do you calculate your calorie deficit.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

How do you calculate your BMR(body mass ratio???)is this the same as BMI and how do you calculate your calorie deficit.

Thanks

base metabolic rate, how many calories your body burns simply existing. if you lay in bed all day this is the calories you need to consume to stay at the same weight.

eat under this then you will lose weight.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

you can also use this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to enter you food and exercise on a daily basis, this will help work out what you need to do to lose the weight.

on another point, its been 6 weeks, you dont need to worry about anything yet almost 2 stone in 6 weeks is plenty of weight loss, its a a marathon not a sprint.

Advertisement