Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Restraunt

Options
  • 19-11-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Good afternoon folks
    Just looking for some ideas,
    Its the otherhalfs 30th coming up and im looking for a nice fancy restraunt in the city centre, obvioulsy nothing outrageously priced but fititng off the occasion, anyone have any ideas where we could go, she's not big on spicy food so with that in mind any places you would recommened

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What sort of budget do you have in mind for the meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I'd vote for Locks Brasserie. Michelin star and has early bird for €22 each up to 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The Green Hen is really nice. I've only been once, but was very impressed, delicious food, in a good atmosphere.
    Not outrageously priced, but not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Right, I already posted this in another thread on here today...but there's a deal on dealrush.ie at the moment for Sabor Brazil, it's a 7 course tasting menu for 2 people for €100. (Normally €200)

I was only in this place once and it was before that expensive menu came in (when they still had a normal a la carte menu)...and it's just GORGEOUS. The decor, the intimacy, the service, the food - it's all top notch. People probably think I have some affiliation to that place at this stage cos I rave about it so much but I don't! Just one highly satisfied customer :D

It's ideal for a romantic dinner!

Other places that are great: Dax, Pearl Brasserie, Le Freres Jacques....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

well i suppose about 130 would be max ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Top restaurants at the moment (for me) include San Lorenzo's, The Greenhouse, Alexis in Dun Laoighaire and Bang Cafe. You should also look at Early Bird menus at the top restaurants (Chapter One, Dax, Pearl, Lock's, L'Ecrivain, Thornton's and One Pico) to see if any catch your fancy.

Bon Appetit out in Malahide is doing a deal for their 6th birthday, 3 course meal for two plus a glass of bubbly in the Michelin restaurant for €99

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

A few ideas...

Marco pierre white (steakhouse grill)
    Fire (irish)
    Dada(morrocan)
    El bahir(morrocan)
    Saba (thai/vietnamise)
    Bear (steakhouse)
    Fade Street social (irish)
    Rustic stone (irish)
    Damson Diner(american/irish)
    poort house (tapas)
    izakaya (japanese)
    Tigers (pan asian)

or try www.menupages.ie lists about 700 places in the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Winding Stair is quite good. A little more kooky than fancy in terms of appointments and furniture but the food is absolutely top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

liffeylite wrote: »
    Bear (steakhouse)

A nice place for afternoon or early evening but wouldn't be on my list for what the OP is looking for.

Loads of choice already above - Locks and Pearl Brasserie (get a booth) both great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Le Pont Brasserie is nice and has booths. Also was in 37 Friday and was good

• Advertisement
Advertisement