Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting Images (in Challenge thread, etc)

• 19-11-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I thought it was just me but talking to a few people at the weekend it is not, others feel the same, so here goes.

This thread is, the Photo below mine, not the Link below mine.

I used to like this thread but now I find it a chore. Please post photos not links.

Thanks.

John.

(Admin if you don’t agree I have no problem in you deleting this post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Joerua

Hi BigJohn

as a new poster whose pictures keep coming up as links instead of pics I am annoyed. I checked the first post and the only info was that pic size should be <8oo pixels. So I attached pic files but these showed as links.

Art Deko sent me this link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056768954 (thanks again)

which informed me I had to have the pictures already hosted online rather than trying to add them like an email attachment.

With this info I finally got a picture to appear: Post 629 Then when I tried again on Post 639 it appeared as a link:confused:

So when I have a picture on flickr that I want to post I click the "Share this" button. and copy the BBcode

2 Questions:
    This code seems to have 3 links, for site, user and image do I need all three or just the image link?
    When pasting the code do I just paste it into the body of the message?

Thats what I did when it worked and later when it didnt!

Id like to stick with this Thread and I want to see pics rather than links.

Thanks for your patience

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i created this thread from your posts in the challenge thread, so not to clog that up.

i agree, that it is a pain seeing a link. 9 times out of 10, i will not click on a link to view an image. there has been plenty of tutorials scattered about on how to post images to the forum.

basically when you are on ANY image hosting company, you choose the link for sharing that contains BB code for use on forums :

B]img[/Bpicture.jpgB]/img[/B

or if you have the link: www.example.com/picturelink.jpg you copy that and then when you post here, click the little yellow box that symbolises a picture with mountains and a sun in it, and the pop up window will ask you to paste in the link.

if you are posting images and they are bigger than 800px wide, please resize them in a photo editor before posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Joerua

"click the little yellow box that symbolises a picture"

That was the bit I was missing. Thanks again

Joe

Advertisement