Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fish n' chips in Drogheda?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I may be a bit fussy but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get good fresh fish and chips in Drogheda chippies. The chips are fresh but the fish ain't what it used to be, seems to be often grey and dull.:mad:

With our proximity to Clogherhead there should be no excuse. Are chippies bulk buying and leaving produce too long on the shelf?

I'm referring specifically to fresh cod as it's impossible to get unsmoked haddock (or is it?).

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Fish 'n Chips from Dominic's chipper on George's Street are pretty good in my opinion. Best I've had in the town but admittedly I've not tried everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Across the road from Dominics in Roma
    Yom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

PinkFly wrote: »
    Across the road from Dominics in Roma
    Yom!!!
    yup and great value also

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Chipper in Aston village is bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Borza in Wheaton hall is pretty dam tastey. They also get fresh ray in every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I love the cod and chips from the chipper in aston village always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

+1 for Aston Village chipper. People drive for miles to get to it, even from TullyAllen!

The chicken fillet kebab ...yum.
    kebab chip tray....yum
    fish and chips....yum...

I'm not even a chip person but I just love the chips there. Cooked fresh every time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Mullens, I've always liked them. Joes is pretty good in Yellowbatter.

Roma is really good value opposite Dominics who are also good enough.

Advertisement