Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnaby Pub Renovation

Options
  • 19-11-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I heard that the Burnaby Pub were going to renovate, - just seeing if anyone has any information on this. It could do with it, as its gone really down hill in the last few years, and esp. since Mrs Robinsons are extending

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Where did you hear that?
    The exterior was painted during the summer.
    The interior doesn't look too bad from what I have observed.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

They need to renovate the owner and look for a heartbeat. I don't think they'll find one. He has an uncanny knack of spreading his misery to his staff and crushing their enthusiasm for the work they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they should put it back the way it was before the last refurb:

229590.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Spot on re owner, staff aren't the most friendly in the place, it's a handy place to grab a pint if you're early for a Dart and heading out but for a night out place a bit boring. Bit of music in background might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I think that like most Irish barstaff, when they start there they're friendly and helpful and happy. He turns them around very quickly into miserable, unfriendly and suspicious people. It's like their life force is sucked away and they become the walking dead. Although I understand that the two previous walking dead managers are no longer there. Oddly one of them occupies the bar area of the Beach House and continues to look people up and down as they come in. Yuck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

The state of the pubs in this town, seriously.

Get looks every time I walk into the Beach House and the Burnaby, I'd get asked in a sarcastic tone "Can I help you?"

All because I have the chubbiest face :) they're only jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

I heard they were puting in partitions along the seats against the wall on the right as you walk in so that people have a bit more privacy etc while eating. They should think about painting the male toilets too while they're at it! I would drink there at least once a week and find the floor and bar staff are much better now. I loved the old burnaby as was the craic then with bands and music at weekends. Anymore inside pics of the old Burnaby pub anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Never mind the Burnaby and Beach house...!!

Lets get the one that should be open going... Charesland is the biggest private estate in Ireland, so im told...

Why not get a consortium of Charlesland residents to open and run the place..??

I know if i won a few quid off the lotto i'd open it up.... :)

Sorry back on topic... Best of luck to the Burnaby, hope it looks well at the end but i still wont be drinking in it.. Beach house the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WiCkLaMuLlA

loyatemu wrote: »
    they should put it back the way it was before the last refurb:

229590.JPG

jaysus was this pic taken in the mid 1990's ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Great pic Loyatemu. The seat that pic was taken from was the same seat that the speaker fell down on Ian Peters. and his lady friend. Remember that?
    Also on the wall opposite there was that picture that depicted Ireland hanging from the edge of a cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

jaysus was this pic taken in the mid 1990's ??? :)

probably - its from the old Byrne Group website.
    FirstIn wrote:
    Also on the wall opposite there was that picture that depicted Ireland hanging from the edge of a cliff.

there was also a really terrible painting of a hunting scene where the horse's legs were all different lengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WiCkLaMuLlA

loyatemu wrote: »
    probably - its from the old Byrne Group website.

there was also a really terrible painting of a hunting scene where the horse's legs were all different lengths.

you sure bout that Loyatemu, too much 'brain lube' on your behalf maybe ?? !!!!

Advertisement