Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn Spanish with the news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

es.euronews.com (same as euronews on tv but in spanish)

Video and radio programs on UN website:
    http://www.un.org/es/multimedia/videos.shtml
    http://www.unmultimedia.org/radio/spanish/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

This is for beginners really, but I find it great:

http://www.newsinslowspanish.com/

I'm not not really sure why you require a subscription, all the full length podcasts are freely available on iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Yeah, I think that watching and listening to the news is a good way to learn or improve one's Spanish but what I think is just as good, and absolutely no joke meant here, are cartoons. We have cartoon network in Spanish, here in the house and I find that the because the programs are intended for kids, the level of Spanish is much lower than on other tv shows like movies and sometimes the news. In addition to this, the voices always speak a good bit slower than in others making them much more easier to catch and understand.

Initially, I was watching football to pick up the language from the commentators and pundits but I found that they all speak too fast for an extrajenero like me, to undertand. Maybe with time I'll be able to watch as well as listen to the beautiful game over here:rolleyes::)

I was pleased with myself, one night during the week, when we went to the cinema to see a film called Intocable and I could undertand most of it. Maybe it was easier for me, given that it had been dubbed from French and perhaps the characters spoke slower but I was happy leaving the cinema from firstly having been able to understand the plot and jokes of the film and secondly being able to enjoy a good film with my friends:D

Watching cartoons are, in my opinion, an excellent way of picking up the language as when you're learning Spanish, and indeed others, being able to hear and listen to people and television/recorded voices is a great skill to have. I think that before I started living in Spain, I hadn't done enough aural work by listening to tapes, radio etc.. and I payed the price when I came here as I found the people quite hard to understand (didn't help that I came to Andalusia though:o:pac:).

Hope this helps you to learn more of the language:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Topcat and Snoopy in spanish are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

accensi0n wrote: »
    Topcat and Snoopy in spanish are great.

They are good. Watching English speaking films that you know well, dubbed into Spanish also works, I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement